This super yummy recipe for one-pot chicken spinach tomato pasta is easy to make and incredibly delicious. Learn how to prepare this mouthwatering dish step by step, and find answers to common questions about it.
If you’re looking for a quick and tasty meal, look at our one-pot chicken spinach tomato pasta recipe.
In this article, we’ll guide you through creating this savory dish while providing insights and tips and answering frequently asked questions to make your cooking experience smooth and enjoyable.
Why You’ll Love It
One pot chicken spinach tomato pasta is a versatile and hearty meal that combines the richness of chicken, the freshness of Spinach, and the tanginess of tomatoes into one harmonious dish. It’s a favorite among novice and seasoned cooks due to its simplicity and minimal cleanup.
- Cheap-the bow-tie Pasta cost only 98 cents in my nook, and I hope it’s the same in your place.
- Customizable– If you don’t have heavy cream, use milk. And you can skip the Spinach and the Sundried tomato if you have none. It is essential to have the tomatoes since they hint sourness into the creamy sauce.
- Perfect for meal prep-This recipe was good for four people. Double it to bring for the next day’s lunch.
- One pot– who wants to wash dishes after cooking? This is one pot, which means minimal clean-up after cooking.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients you’ll need for this delightful dish:
What’s in my pantry
- Cooked chicken- I use the leftover Chicken from my post How to pressure cook a Whole chicken. I used 2 cups of cooked chicken.
- Onion and garlic powder- I always have these seasonings in my pantry. I used one tablespoon of each.
- Ground pepper and salt-they are also available in my pantry. I used one teaspoon. You can season it according to your liking.
- Spinach- I had this in the fridge, and one of the reasons I added spinach to this recipe is that it is about to go stale. You can skip it if you want, but I love to add color to the pasta.
- Olive oil- I made Spanish Sardines, and I used it here. You can use whatever oil you have at hand.
- Sundried tomatoes- add an extra pinch of sourness to the creamy sauce
- Tomatoes- I used one large tomato.
- Velveeta Cheese- I was planning to make my Velveeta Cheese Burger Mac and did not get a chance to do so. I used four ounces of it in this recipe.
- Garlic and Onion
- pasta water
- Heavy Cream
- Bow tie pasta
Cook the tomatoes, onion, and garlic until the tomatoes are soft. Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the pasta water and the Velveeta cheese, heavy whipping. Stir gently until creamy.
Season with pepper, salt, onion, and garlic powder. Season how you like it.
Add the chicken and stir genlty.
Add the cooked pasta. Let it simmer for three more minutes. Toss in the spinach and let it simmer until the spinach is wilted.
Serve your one-pot chicken spinach tomato pasta hot, garnished with chili flakes.
How do you Store
When the pasta is cooked, and in case there’s a leftover, place it in a sealed container and refrigerate. You can also freeze it. Just ensure it’s cold before freezing and refrigerating.
Q: Can I use whole wheat pasta as a healthier option?
Absolutely! It is even more nutritious.
Q: Can I add other vegetables?
A: Of course! Feel free to customize your one-pot chicken spinach tomato pasta with your favorite vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini.
Q: Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
A: While the original recipe includes chicken, the chicken and using vegetable broth.
Q: How long does it take to prepare this meal?
A: The cooking time is approximately thirty minutes, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare it in advance and reheat it when you’re ready to eat. It tastes just as delicious!
Q: What wine pairs well with this pasta?
A: A light, crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio complements the flavors of this dish beautifully.
One-pot chicken spinach tomato pasta
- 1 Medium Size pot
- Sauce pan
- 6 oz Cooked Bowtie Pasta
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 large Roma Tomato
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomato
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 cup Pasta water
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- Salt to taste.
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Spinach
- 11/2 Cups Cooked Chicken
- Cook the Bowtie pasta per box instructions. I cooked mine with eight cups of water and add one teaspoon salt to the water. I cook the pasta for thirteen minutes. Ensure to reserve one cup of pasta water.
Cook the Bowtie Pasta in the Instant Pot
- Put the inner pot in the instant pot base. Put the bowtie pasta . Add water to cover.Cover the instant pot with the pressure cooker lid and push the pressure cooker button setting. Set it to HI and set the timer to five minutes. Quick release when done.Reserve one cup of pasta water before tossing the water. Set the pasta aside for later.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and saute the garlic, onion, and red onion. Cook on low heat until the tomato is soft. Add the Sundried tomato. Cook for two more minutes.
- Add the pasta water and the Velveeta Cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add the heavy whipping cream and season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Season according to your liking. Add the chicken. Stir gently.
- Add the cooked pasta and let it simmer for three minutes. Add the spinach. Gently stir until the spinach is wilted.