Make this super easy Green Peas Cream Cheese Penne Pasta for dinner. Quick and easy with very simple ingredients with extra leftover for next day’s lunch.
Hello, guys! It’s another week, so I am sharing with you this recipe today. Believe it or not, but this is the first time I made or cooked Penne Pasta all my life. I only made it this time because a friend of mine have a lot of penne noodles to give away. I was honestly lost how to make it into an edible dinner, so I scoured into my old Filipino magazine and saw this recipe and of course, I also got a lot of ideas from Pinterest I also watched you tube videos for some ideas.
To be honest, I don’t cook a lot of pasta in my household because my/our taste buds are not use to them. I made Velveeta Cheese Burger Mac and Cheese before and we like that. I also made a Filipino style spaghetti, so the sauce on that is really sweet; but if you want to try that, you can click here.
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 8 Oz Cream cheese low fat
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 16 Fl oz Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 Oz Whole Grain Penne
- salt and pepper to season optional
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cook Whole Grain Penne per box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In low fire, heat cooking oil and cook ground chicken until no longer red. In the same pot, add the milk and simmer. Add in the cream cheese.
- Mash the cream cheese until well incorporated with the milk and there's no more lumps. Add the sugar, and heavy cream and you can season with salt or ground pepper according to your liking, but I like my sauce without them.
- Mix water and cornstarch until there's no lumps.
- Simmer in low fire and add the corn starch and water mixture. Let simmer until the sauce is sticky. Add the frozen peas and the cooked penne pasta and gently mix for the sauce to coat the pasta.
- Serve hot. Freeze left over or prepare it for next day's lunch. ENJOY!