Pink Sauce Tiktok. This pink sauce from Tiktok’s viral recipe is creamy, has a unique and spicy taste, and is simple to make! This creamy and luscious sauce perfectly harmonizes tomato and heavy cream, enhancing a pasta’s flavor. Known as “Salsa Rosa” in some regions, it is a creamy sauce that has become popular lately. Thanks to Tiktok.
In this blog post, we’ll deeply dive into the beautiful world of pink sauce, exploring its history, ingredients, and how to enjoy it.
You may also like my 15 Easy Pasta Recipes post.
The Origins of Pink Sauce:
The pink sauce has its roots in Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. It’s a close cousin of the famous Italian sauce Alfredo, known for its creaminess. While Alfredo sauce consists primarily of butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese, the pink sauce adds a twist by incorporating tomato sauce, giving it a unique pink hue and a delightful tangy flavor. The exact origin of pink sauce is a mystery, but it has become a staple in many Italian and international recipes.
The Ingredients of Pink Sauce:
- Tomato Sauce: A key component of pink sauce is tomato sauce. You can use homemade tomato sauce or store-bought varieties, depending on your preference.
- Heavy Cream: The creamy richness of pink sauce comes from heavy cream. It adds a velvety texture and a luxurious taste to the sauce.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is used to sauté finely chopped onions and garlic, which provide a flavorful base for the sauce.
- Bell Pepper, Onion, and Garlic: These aromatics add depth and aroma to the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated cheese is incorporated for a savory, cheesy note.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes are used to season the sauce for freshness.
Making Pink Sauce:
This is an overview of how to make Pink sauce—the complete step-by-step process on the recipe card.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté finely chopped onions and garlic until they become translucent and fragrant. Add the chopped bell pepper. Cook until soft and wilted. Add the tomato sauce and let the taste combine for three minutes.
- Add a cup of heavy cream, stirring to combine. Add grated Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Season with spices for a bit of heat. Optionally, add fresh basil leaves for extra flavor.
- On its thick flavors, please remove it from the heat.
What does Pink Sauce Taste Like?
This sauce has a creamy and smooth texture with a spicy flavor. It combines tanginess from the tomato sauce and savory flavor from the garlic, onion, and red bell pepper. Overall, it’s a well-balanced and flavorful sauce that pairs well with various types of pasta, creating a creamy and satisfying dish.
How do you Serve it?
Pink sauce is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways:
- Pasta: It’s a classic choice to serve pink sauce over your favorite pasta. The creamy-tangy combination complements the pasta’s texture beautifully.
- Chicken: Pink sauce can be used as a delightful topping for grilled or sautéed chicken, adding flavor.
- Seafood: It pairs wonderfully with seafood, such as shrimp or scallops, enhancing the overall taste of your dish.
- Vegetables: Drizzle pink sauce over steamed or roasted vegetables for a creamy and flavorful side dish.
Why you will love this
I will love pink sauce for several compelling reasons:
- Delicious Flavor: the combination of tomato and creamy white sauce offers a unique and balanced flavor. Chili flakes add spice to this sauce, elevating the taste from good to best.
- Creamy Texture: Adding cream or milk in pink sauce gives it a luscious, smooth texture that beautifully coats pasta and other ingredients. This creamy element not only enhances the mouthfeel but also balances the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Ease of Preparation: Pink sauce is easy to prepare, making it an ideal option for home cooks of all levels. You can whip up a homemade pink sauce with just a few ingredients and simple steps in no time.
- Customizable: You can tailor the flavor of pink sauce to your liking by adjusting the tomato sauce to cream ratio. Doing so allows you to create a sauce that suits your taste, whether you prefer it more tomato-forward or creamier.
- Pairing Possibilities: Pink sauce complements a wide range of ingredients. You can pair it with various proteins like chicken or shrimp or keep it vegetarian with vegetables. It’s equally at home with different pasta shapes and styles.
- Family-Friendly: Pink sauce is often a hit with kids and adults alike. Its mild, balanced flavor makes it a crowd-pleaser, making family dinners and gatherings a breeze.
Pink sauce Tiktok’s viral recipe
- 1 Medium-sized pan
- 1 Ladle
- 1 8 quart Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Finely Red Bell Pepper
- 1 can 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Pasta water
Instant Pot Rigatoni
- 4 oz Rigatoni Pasta
- Enough water to cook the Pasta
Cook the Pink Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté finely chopped onions and garlic until they become translucent and fragrant. Add the chopped bell pepper. Cook until soft and wilted.
- Turn the heat on low. Add the tomato sauce and let the taste combine for three minutes. Add a cup of heavy cream, stirring to combine. Add grated Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until the sauce is smooth. Add pasta water if you think that the sauce is too thick. In my case, I added one-fourth cup of water.
- Season with spices for a bit of heat. Optionally, add fresh basil leaves for extra flavor. On its thick flavors, please remove it from the heat.
Cook the Rigatoni Pasta in the Instant Pot
- Put the Inner pot in the Instant Pot base.
- Add four ounces of Rigatoni Pasta. Add water to cover the pasta.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid and push the pressure cooker button setting. Set the pressure to HI and set the timer to five minutes.
- Quick release when done.
- Remove one cup of pasta water and set it aside for later. Drain the pasta using a strainer and add to the pink sauce.
- Cook the pink sauce on low heat. Doing so will prevent the cheese from burning.
- Keep on stirring the sauce until smooth. This prevents the cheese from burning at the bottom.