CHICKEN THIGH WITH RED CURRY PASTE SAUCE. You can slow cook this curry and you can use your favorite meat and it will taste delicious. This curry is also very simple to make, so I hope you will enjoy it.
I love curry. In fact, if you scroll down into the blog, you will find several curry recipe like this Yellow Curry with Chicken Breast,and this Sweet Potato Stir Fry. Saying that, you can now tell that I have curry pastes and powder in different colors. I have green,yellow and red pastes and various curry powder in my pantry.
Although curry is not really a Filipino menu, I remember eating curry in college. That time, the carenderia used the green curry, which I believed is the Madras curry powder. The meal was simply cooked with just the potato in it and chicken meat. And the chicken curry is serve to you with a piece of small meat and two small sliced potato swimming in its soup.I can actually see the chicken meat and potato drowning in there .LOL.With a P 3.00 serving, I had no right to complain. With rice, the soup was a good enough meal for a poor student like me.
Here in the US, I can make my curry however I want to. I can make it with more soup than the meat, or more veggies than the water. But for me, I am still caught with that college memories and add more water. But for this chicken curry today, I had it balanced. Just enough water with the chicken and the veggies. But I got crazy with the Red Curry paste and I added more that it is supposed to, because I just love more spice and more kick in my curry meal.
Don’t worry, the measurement I posted in the recipe is at the level 2 or 3 in spiciness,so I think you will enjoy it…
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thigh slice into small pieces
- 1 can 13.5 FL oz Coconut Milk
- 1 carrots 6 " long chopped in to cube , large slice if slow cooking
- 1 medium sized potato chopped in to cube , large slice if slow cooking
- 1/4 of large red bell pepper
- 1/4 of large yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons or more Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Saute' onion in the heated cooking oil.
- Add in the chicken and let it brown in all sides. Add 1 cup of water and let the chicken cook until soft.
- When chicken is ready, add the coconut milk, carrots,bell pepper and the Red Curry paste and let the curry simmer at low for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot .
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...