This homemade pumpkin spice is mix and match of these ingredients: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg. Make tis fall you best yet, by mixing your own pumpkin spice and use it for you pumpkin baking.
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE
It's here! The cold weather, shorter days ,pumpkin decors and pumpkins lined in the store. You can't ignore it. Fall is here. In my household it is certainly already fall. I've have been baking everything pumpkin. This pumpkin muffins, super moist pumpkin bread ,old-fashioned pumpkin cake roll, pumpkin bars and pumpkin latte'. And this pumpkin spread. We are now turning yellow.
Since I have been baking pumpkin- which usually requires mixture of pumpkin spice ingredient, I decided to browse the internet and decided to make my own. Rather that measuring ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground all spice and ground nutmeg one by one, why not mix them altogether and just get a teaspoon or two to mix it with my pumpkin muffins. It's quick and easy.
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE INGREDIENTS:
- We need 5 ingredients in this recipe, which you probably have in your pantry.
- add them together and put it in a small container, cover, and shake to mix.
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- ground nutmeg
HOW LONG WILL THIS HOMEMADE SPICE MIX LAST?
- As a rule of thumb, keep the spice sealed and store it for 4 years.
This homemade pumpkin spice is mix and match of these ingredients: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and other spices.
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer in a small container and close tightly. Mix spices and store.