This pumpkin bars with easy cream cheese frosting will make you a pumpkin fan if you are not yet. This pumpkin bars are very tasty moist, dense and delicious you can’t stop with one serving. Topped with cream cheese frosting, now your fall dessert is ready.
PUMPKIN BARS WITH EASY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
It is getting cold in my nook here and the days are getting shorter. I want to hang on to summer, but I also anticipate Halloween treats, pumpkin muffins and making my own batch of pumpkin spice, so I guess I will just have to deal with it. Pumpkin puree is on sale too; so I got a whole box of them and geared myself for fall baking. I already made the Pumpkin cake roll and now this pumpkin bars and recipe coming soon for pumpkin pancakes.
When the kids were little, I always make sure that the kids were stuffed with all things pumpkin. We always go an take photos in the pumpkin patch, them drinking pumpkin latte’ and surround them with them pumpkin decors . I miss those days that they are gone for college, but I still hand on to my fall tradition and this pumpkin bars is one of them. This is my favorite pumpkin bar recipe adapted from All Recipes website.
Ya’ll this is simply the best Pumpkin Bars. EASY, MOIST, DENSE, AND THE FROSTING IS TO DIE FOR. Bring it to your holiday party and savor the praises. Now, let’s make this bars.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BARS WITH EASY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
- Dry Ingredients : Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice in a small bowl. Mix/Combine the ingredients using wire whisk.
- Wet Ingredients: Place egg and sugar in large bowl and mix until pale in color. Add the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree’.
- Transfer mixture in a baking pan: Use 13 x9 size baking pan so that you will have a thinner bars similar to brownies. In this post, I use a pan so it’s thicker and looks like a cake. Nevertheless, the taste is still really good and the pumpkin bar is really moist.
- Baking time: If you are using a larger pan, star checking after 20 minutes. If using a smaller pan, start checking in 35 minutes. Use toothpick test when checking. Poke the toothpick in the middle of the cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let’s get frosting. You can skip the frosting, but since I have an extra cream chees, I frosted it and boy, sooooo good.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN BARS?
- Pumpkin Puree. You can make your own pumpkin puree, by clicking homemade pumpkin puree’ or just buy it in the store.
- Dry Ingredients Flour. I use all purpose flour in this recipe. You can use whole grain flour, gluten free flour and wheat flour, although they’ll make the pumpkin bars denser compared to all purpose flour.
- Wet Ingredients. Egg, sugar, vanilla extract, canola oil, pumpkin puree’.
- Pumpkin spice . I made my own pumpkin spice here, but you can buy it in the stores too.
- Frosting. I use the low fat cream cheese and powdered sugar. I added a hint of vanilla as well to make it smell good and taste better.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice please see note below
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 29 oz pumpkin puree
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 pack 3 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer until foamy; add white sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin. Beat on medium speed until incorporated, 2 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Beat flour mixture into egg mixture on low speed until just combined, 1 minute. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over cooled pumpkin cake; sprinkle with cinnamon.