4 Easy Halloween treats is a must try for this your Halloween Party. It is easy, delicious and they look so cute too. I am really excited to make them and I hope so do you.
Guys! It is almost Halloween! Days and months have gone so fast. When the kids were young, I was always excited about Halloween. The costumes, the parties and MOST OF ALL, the treats. I like those fun Halloween recipes and you get to be creative with the designs. Although the kids don't get excited about Halloween as much as they used to, I am still crazy about making Halloween treats and have our own small Halloween parties just to reminisce.
Below are 4 Halloween party treats that are most pinned on Pinterest 2 years ago. I thought they are so cute, so I chose them for this years Halloween post.
HOW TO MAKE THESE HALLOWEEN TREATS
For the cupcakes, I used my ever trusted cake recipe and for the frosting, I used the one I saw from online. Can't remember which blog was it, but this frosting really turned out great.
Men, I was nervous when I made this. I was doubtful if it will turned out the same way as what was shown in Pinterest, but look at the outcome. It is cute and scary at the same time.
SKULL HAND PIZZA
When I pulled the pizza out from the pan, I was like a kid in the candy store. I was so happy on how the skull details turned out. And for the filling, you can customize it according to how you like it.I used my FILIPINO STYLE SPAGHETTI SAUCE ON THIS, but you can use the store bought pizza sauce.
SO, IT'S NOT TOO LATE. YOU CAN MAKE THESE TREATS ON HALLOWEEN OR THE DAY BEFORE, AND THEY STILL TASTE GREAT.Print
SKULL HAND PIZZA
- 2 tubes pizza crust divided by 3
- pizza sauce of your choice, I used my LEFT OVER Spaghetti sauce, refrigerate to harden it. I usually make a large batch of sauce and freeze it.
- mini pepperoni
- large shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk ( see notes below)
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter. In this recipe, I used unsalted sweet cream butter, softened in room temperature
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4- 5 tablespoons milk
- pinch of salt
- 10 - 12 pieces boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard ( I did not use one in this recipe, so this is optional)
- black food color
- purple food color
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- Pre heat oven at 350 F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liner.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine butter,water and cocoa powder. Bring to just boiling and stir constantly. Remove from heat and add cocoa mixture to flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on slow speed until just combined. Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla; beat on low speed for 1 minute. Turn batter into the prepared pans and bake until toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean .I usually start checking at 15 minutes from the start of baking process. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and on the rack before frosting.
- Mix butter in an electric mixer until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Slowly add the powdered sugar and small amount off milk. Mix again then add the powdered sugar and milk. Repeat process until frosting is very creamy and no butter lumps present. Bag frosting using TIP ROUND # 2 AND TIP # 47
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 15 minute. Remove from heat AND then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg gently and roll in flat surface. Put egg in the zip loc and add a small amount of black food color. If you are using gel food color add a drop of water in the zip loc. No need to add water if you are water if you are using liquid food color. Roll egg inside the bag, so that the shell is covered with color. Set aside the boiled egg for 1/2 day and gently peel. Use gloves so that you hand will not be stained.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Season according to your liking. Fill egg white with 1 tablespoon filling.
SKULL HAND PIZZA
- Pre heat oven at 425 F .
- DON'T SPRAY PAN WITH NON STICK OIL, PLEASE. Use a Nordic non stick skull pan.They cost $10.00 in Target store, and it is located in the seasonal isle.
- Divide pizza crust into three and flatten using a rolling pin. Line crust into the skull mold and then add filling starting with the Mozzarella cheese, sauce, pepperoni and the cheese. Seal the filling by folding the pizza crust around the filling while at the same time pushing the crust into the mold.
- Bake pizza for 25- 30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN BUTTERMILK:
MIC 1/4 CUP MILK WITH 1 TEASPOON VINEGAR
SPAGHETTI SAUCE LINK