This Halloween Deviled egg puts a little twist on the usual deviled egg we usually have. This time, the eggs are cooked and dyed so that they will look creepy for Halloween. This usually serves as an appetizer. Just make sure you gloved up when you are taking off the shells.
For more Halloween Recipe, Pinterest account.
HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG
Is it too obvious that I love getting crazy for Halloween? Although I haven’t tried dressing up for Halloween, I do great lengths to make Halloween extra special by making treats and appetizers for it. I don’t host Halloween parties, but I make sure that during Halloween, we have some treats on the table and this Halloween Deviled egg is served.
Making this is really easy. You just need dark dye, boiled egg, spices, and mayonnaise to make this tasty. But I highly recommend that you wear gloves when de-shelling as the dye stick to your finger, and it takes days before it washes out.
What Food coloring should I use
- Use gel-type food coloring.
RECIPE FOR HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG:
- Cooked egg: Make sure that you boil your egg to be a hard-boiled egg. So boil it for 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool and crack the egg on the flat surface. Put it in a zip lock and add in black food color.
- Food coloring: Use a gel type of food color to make sure that color will seep through the egg cracks.
- Let sit overnight or for more days. After adding food coloring, roll the egg in the Ziploc so that the food color seeps through the crack and store it in the fridge overnight for 1 and 1/2 days.
- Use gloves when peeling the eggs as the dye really sticks on your finger.
DEVILED EGG FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- purple food color
CHECK OUT THESE HALLOWEEN TREAT COLLECTIONS TOO FOR MORE HALLOWEEN IDEAS.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the eggs in the Instant pot, or cook. Please see the notes for the link.
- Crack the egg gently and roll it on a flat surface. Put the egg in the zip loc and add a small amount of black/purple food color and add the water. If you are using gel food color add a drop of water in the zip loc. No need to add water if you are using liquid food color. Let the egg sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready, remove the shell of the egg and slice it in the middle. Remove the yolks and put them into a small size container. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, mustard and mayonnaise. Add more or less of the ingredients, and season according to your liking.
- Add purple food color to the egg mixture and take a tablespoon and put it in the middle of the egg. Store deviled egg in the fridge for 3 days
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...