This HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG puts a little twist of the usual deviled egg we usually have. This time, the eggs are boiled and dyed so that it will look creepy and web-by for Halloween. This is usually serve as appetizer. Just make sure you gloved up when you are taking off the shells.
FOR MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES: Try this and go to my Pinterest board Pinterest account.
HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG
Is it too obvious that I love getting crazy for Halloween? Although I haven't tried dressing up for Halloween, I do great lengths to make Halloween extra special by making treats and appetizer for it. I don't host Halloween parties, but I make sure that during Halloween, we have some treats on the table and this Halloween Deviled egg is served.
Making this is really easy. You just need dark dye, boiled egg, spices and mayonnaise to make this tasty. But I highly recommend that you wear gloves when de-shelling as the dye stick to your finger, and it takes days before it washes out.
WHAT FOOD COLORING SHOULD I USED FOR HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG?
- Use gel type food coloring.
RECIPE FOR HALLOWEEN DEVILED EGG:
- Boiled egg: Make sure that you boil your egg to be hard boiled egg. So boil it for 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool and crack the egg on the flat surface. Put it in a ziploc and add in black food color.
- Food coloring: Use a gel type of food color to make sure that color will seep through the egg cracks.
- Let sit overnight or more days. After adding food coloring, roll the egg in the ziploc so that food color seeps through the crack and store in the fridge overnight or 1 and 1/2 days.
- Use gloves when peeling the eggs as the dye really sticks on your finger.
DEVILED EGG FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- purple food color
CHECK OUT THESE HALLOWEEN TREAT COLLECTIONS TOO FOR MORE HALLOWEEN IDEAS.Print
- 10 - 12 pieces boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard ( I did not use one in this recipe, so this is optional)
- black food color
- purple food color
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 15 minute. Remove from heat AND then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg gently and roll in flat surface. Put egg in the zip loc and add a small amount of black food color. If you are using gel food color add a drop of water in the zip loc. No need to add water if you are water if you are using liquid food color. Roll egg inside the bag, so that the shell is covered with color. Store the boiled egg in the fridge for 1 and 1/2 day and gently peel. Use gloves so that you hand will not be stained.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Season according to your liking. Add food color if you want.
- Fill egg white with 1 tablespoon filling. And serve.
- Store deviled egg in the fridge for 3 days,