This Baked Buffalo wings is an alternative for the traditional deep fried chicken wings. It’s easy and it tastes really delicious. You can make a huge batch and freeze them.
Hey, guys! Today, I am sharing with you this other version of Buffalo Wings. It tastes wonderful and the sauce is super tasty. The sauces sticks to the meat, the chicken is moist and tender. This Baked Buffalo wings is sure to be a crowd pleaser. This recipe was adapted from Cooking Classy
This Baked Buffalo wings is just an embodiment of the word delicious. I made this few weekends ago, and I cannot stop thinking about. This is a type of appetizer wherein you can show off over and over again. Plus, it is simple to make. However, there are few steps you need to follow to make this a surefire success.
TIPS ON MAKING THIS BAKED BUFFALO WINGS:
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towel to remove excess fluid
- Drench meat with baking powder.
- Bake chicken first in the lowest rack for 30 minutes, flip chicken and transfer in the upper rack and bake for another 15 -40 minutes.
SIMPLE AS THAT, RIGHT? NOw check out the recipe below so you can now make it.
Baked Chicken Buffalo Wings is Best Alternative from Deep Frying
- 4 lbs chicken wings cut into wings and drumettes*
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Buffalo Sauce
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Original or any sauce will work too
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon water mix
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Arrange oven rack in the middle and top oven. Prepare a huge baking pan and spray wire rack with non stick oil so that chicken will not stick to it.
- Pat dry the chicken wing with paper towel. This is a very important process, to get a crispy chicken. Place wing in a bowl and add the baking powder, pepper, salt .
- Arrange chicken piece on top of the wire rack and bake on the lower oven rack for 30 minutes. Flip chicken, increase the oven temperature to 425 F and move rack to the upper oven rack and bake for another 15 to 40 minutes until chicken is cook through.
- When chicken is done, transfer chicken into a bowl and season.
MAKE THE BUFFALO SAUCE:
- Whisk together cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water until blended.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add hot sauce and honey, bring to a light simmer.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture and mix sauce until thick about 3o seconds.
- Pour mixture into the chicken wings and toss chicken gently to coat the sauce.
Leave a Reply