Beef and Cabbage Stew Recipe Instant Pot. Try this beef and cabbage stew for a quick and satisfying meal. Using an Instant Pot, it's fast and easy to make without sacrificing flavor or comfort. Discover more!
Beef And Cabbage Stew Recipe Instant Pot
I love easy and delicious meals and this stew right here is soooo good, you will be back for a second or third serving. You can also make a huge batch of this for freezing and for pack lunches. Plus, you can prepare this delicious and comforting stew in the Instant Pot which makes it so quick to make.
Follow the recipe of this easy-to-make dish and learn how to avoid a slice of tough meat, and enjoy a tender and flavorful beef and cabbage stew every time.
Why You will Love this Recipe?
- Easy– this stew comes together quickly. Simply dump the ingredients together and pressure cook for thirty minutes, and this hearty meal is done.
- Freezeable and perfect for meal planning– make a huge batch of this and separate them in your preferred portion and freeze. I swear, the taste is even better after a few days.
- Really Filling– a bowl of this, and craving is satisfied. Although the temptation for a second serving is there, always.
Beef and Cabbage Stew Ingredients:
- Stewing beef cut into bite-sized pieces
- Head of cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Potato- peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Half Red Onion
- Beef broth/Water
- Anaheim Pepper
- Beef Bouillon
- Bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Recipe for Beef and Cabbage Stew:
Slice the beef into bite-sized pieces.
To make Beef and Cabbage Stew in an Instant Pot, start by setting the pot to sauté mode and heating up some olive oil. Add diced onions and cook for a few minutes until they soften.
Next, add cubed beef stew meat and cook until it browns on all sides.
Add the Anaheim Pepper on top of the beef.
Add the tomato paste
Add the Seasoning, Bouillon, water and Bay leaves, Water or Broth and the celery and potato.
Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the time is up quick release. Push the saute’ setting and set the timer to thirty minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for three more minutes.
Serve the Stew beef and cabbage soup instant pot, garnished with chopped parsley or cilantro, if desired. This Instant Pot recipe is a delicious and hearty meal that’s perfect for a cozy dinner on a chilly night.
Why Is My Stew Meat Tough In Instant Pot?
To prevent tough stew meat in your Instant Pot, monitor the cooking time and choose the appropriate meat. Use tougher cuts such as chuck, round, or brisket that contain collagen and connective tissue, and slice them into small, bite-sized pieces. These steps will guarantee a tender and tasty beef and cabbage stew.
Is It Better To Slow Cook Or Pressure To Cook Beef Stew?
You can use both pressure cooking and slow cooking techniques to produce beef stew. Pressure cooking takes only 45 to 60 minutes, while slow cooking can take 6 to 8 hours. Slow cooking develops flavors fully, but requires more planning and tricky timing.
Pressure cooking is quicker and more practical, and tenderizes the meat in a high-pressure atmosphere. Your preferences and timetable will determine which method to use.
If you have time, slow cooking produces a more flavorful and tender stew, while pressure cooking is a practical and quick option if you’re short on time.
Is Meat Stew High Or Low-Pressure Instant Pot?
To make meat stew in an Instant Pot, use the right pressure setting. Instant Pots offer high and low-pressure settings. High-pressure setting breaks down collagen and connective tissue to make the tough meat tender.
For fragile items, such as fish and vegetables, use the low-pressure setting for gradual cooking. Use the high-pressure setting to make beef and cabbage stew, but take care not to overcook the beef or it will become chewy.
How Does Instant Pot Tenderize Stew Meat?
Use the Instant Pot to tenderize tough beef cuts by breaking down collagen and connective tissue in a high-pressure environment. Choose the right meat, cut it into small pieces, and use the high-pressure setting for a flavorful and moist stew.
How long does it take to cook stew beef in an Instant Pot?
- Beef stew in Instant Pot takes 20-30 minutes on high pressure with pressure and quick release time varying based on the recipe and meat type.
- Choose a beef meat that is lean with high collagen and with some flat marbling which add so much flavor.
- Cut the potato in big chunks. You want to be able to bite some chunks once the stew is cooked.
- I highly recommend beef broth on this. It adds a lot of flavor.
- This is freezeable! Make a huge batch for meal prep.
- Finally, beef and cabbage stew is a great, hearty recipe that can be prepared quickly in an Instant Pot. Use the proper type of meat and pay attention to the cooking time to avoid having tough meat.
- For optimum results, set your Instant Pot to the high-pressure setting. Don’t be afraid to play with different seasonings and vegetables to personalize the stew.
Beef and Cabbage Stew Recipe
- chopping board
- instant pot duo crisp plus air fryer
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 small cabbage 500 grams
- 1 large potato cut into cubes
- 1 piece Anaheim pepper
- 2 sticks celery cut into half inch pieces
- 2 tbsp tomatoes paste
- 1 cube Beef Bouillon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups water or broth
- 3 dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice beef into a bite-size pieces.
- Push the saute button setting. Set the timer and set the timer to thirty minutes. Add the cooking oi and let it heat for three minutes. After three to five minutes, add the onion and add the beef.
- Let the beef change its color. You can add more oil to brown on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste, bouillon, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the Anaheim pepper. Add the water (broth) and bay leaves on top. Add the potato and celery.
- Cover the inner pot with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button setting. Set pressure on HI and set the timer to thirty minutes.
- When the time is up, quick release. Open the lid and season more if needed.
- Push the saute button and add in the cabbage. Cook the cabbage for three minutes and enjoy.