These Chicken Lollipop Drumsticks are a quick appetizer for any occasion. Cooked in the air fryer, the skin is crispy. You can drench your favorite sauce on it!
These chicken Lollipops drumsticks are an extension of my post drums of heaven without the sauce. In fact, these are the cooked drumsticks before I added the sweet chili sauce. The skin is crispy, the meat is juicy, and it is cooked fast in my air fryer.
What is a chicken Lollipop?
Chicken Lollipops are chicken appetizer made famous in Asian countries. This is especially famous in Filipino parties used as appetizers. They are often fried, but with new and modern equipment like the air fryer and oven, you can cook them in various ways without sacrificing their flavor.
- Instant Pot Air Fryer- I got a new Instant Pot Air Fryer! I am so excited to use it. In fact, this is the first recipe I make in it.
- Oven or Deep frying pan
- Knife and Scissors to Fench the chicken.
- Cutting Board
Ingredients Chicken Lollipop Drumsticks
- 8 pieces of French Drumsticks
- Salt and pepper
- Onion and Garlic Powder
How Prepare Chicken Lollipop Drumsticks
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and make sure they are at room temperature.
- Prepare the chicken for lollipops. Check out my How to prepare Chicken Drumsticks for Lollipop post for the instruction.
- Season the prepared drumstick with the spices. Rub the spice all around the meat and let it marinate in the fridge overnight or for an hour.
- When ready, dip the drumstick into a beaten egg.
- Roll into the flour
- This is ready!
How to Cook in the Air Fryer?
- Follow the process above.
- Push the air fryer button setting and set the temperature to 400 F. Set the timer to twenty minutes. Push the start button and the air fryer will start preheating. The machine will ask you to add food.
- You can now spray the basket with nonstick oil and line the chicken drumsticks. Put the basket in place and push the start button. Turn the food as required.
- 3. This recipe yielded perfectly cooked and crispy, juicy chicken lollipops. You can use a meat temperature to be certain of the chicken’s doneness.
How to make lollipop chicken drumsticks fried?
The process of preparing the chicken for lollipops is similar when you are cooking them in the air fryer or baking it.
- Follow steps one to three above.
- Add in two to three cups of oil and check the oil temperature by using a thermometer, or you can dip chopsticks into the middle of the oil and when bubbles congregate towards it, it is ready.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown and double fry them.
How to Cook in the Oven?
- Follow steps one to three and spray your baking sheet with nonstick oil. Line the chicken on the pan and spray the chicken with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and bake the chicken drumsticks for fifty minutes.
Chicken Lollipop Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Air Fryer
- 8 pieces Lollipop Drumsticks
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the chicken drumsticks. Please see the notes on how to prepare it for lollipops.
- Mix all the spices and rub them around the chicken drumsticks. Marinate the chicken overnight for a minimum of an hour.
- Put the air fryer basket into the base and push the air fryer button setting. Set the temperature to 400 F and set the timer to twenty minutes.
- Push the start button. The Air fryer will now start preheating and when it's done, it will ask you to add the food.
- Pull the air fryer basket out and spray it with nonstick oil. Line the prepared chicken and spray with oil. Put the basket back into the base and push start.
- You can use the meat thermometer to make sure of the chicken's doneness and add more time if needed.
- Please see the instruction above if you want to deep fry or bake your chicken drumsticks lollipops.