This Yakisoba noodles is so easy and super delicious and it is done in 30 minutes.I put a little twist into it and I added a Filipino flair in it by using a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar instead of the usual Yakisoba (Tonkatsu) sauce. I understand that some of you may not have access to an Asian restaurant, so this recipe will be a portal to this Japanese favorite.
I made this Yakisoba noodle as simple as I could based on what I have on hand in the fridge. If I had cabbage, I would add it in there too. I opted for pork meat in this meal but you can change it into chicken breast and skip entirely the shrimp if you are not a shrimp lover. My grocery store carries a prepackage Yakisoba noodles so I used that one to save time.I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do 🙂
Easy Yakisoba Noodles
- 10.5 oz cooked Yakisoba noodles
- 1 lb pork thinly sliced
- 2 lbs small shrimps
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce OR Silver Swan I used this
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt to season meat
- Soak Yakisoba noodles with water to separate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil and saute' the pork in high heat until cook through. Add in the shrimps until orange in color. Season the meat with salt and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet,cook onion until transparent. Add in broccoli and carrot until soft but not soggy ( I like my vegetables to be crunchy).
- Drain Yakisoba noodles and gently separate. Add into the vegetables mixture. Add in the meat and season with the soy sauce mixture. Let cook for additional 5 minutes.Serve hot.