This crock pot made simple taco Soup will save your life… well, not literally. As a working mother of two teenagers and I am working full time, easy cooking is just essential to keep my sanity; so this is how this taco soup came about. It has only three ingredients that were all left over in the pantry . It is the type of soup that is light and it did not fail to please my little ones.
Enjoy it with crackers and it will lightly satisfy your soup cravings.
Normally, Taco Soup should have corn, beans, celery and all the other ingredients that a Taco soup typically has, but I am in the bind. I do not have any time to go grocery shopping and I am too tired to do so, so I pulled together what is in my fridge and made this Taco Soup today. Exhausted from the busy shift the night before, I listlessly gathered all the ingredients together: the left-over roasted chicken, a can of beans and I threw all the ingredients together in the crock pot; and I had it do its work while I took a nap. When I woke up and when the kids are home, we munch on this Taco Soup that is really tasty and delightful.
FOR MORE SOUP RECIPE:
- Vietnamese Meatball Soup
- Crock Pot Asparagus Mushroom Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Broccoli
- Broccoli Spinach Soup
- Cauliflower Soup
- Chilled Out Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- Slow Cooked Lentil Soup with Sausage
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
FOR MORE CHEAP AND BUDGET FRIENDLY MEALS:
- Chicken Leg Oven Bake
- Budget Friendly Meal Plan # 1
- Homemade chicken Gyros
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
- 4-5 cups leftover roasted chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken Broth
- 1 can 15.25 oz Black Beans drained
- 3 stalks celery cut into bite size pieces
- 2 packets 1.25 oz Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 can 6 oz tomato sauce I use Hunt's
- 4 tablespoons Hunt's tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- salt to season
- Put all of the ingredients except tomato paste,tomato sauce, taco seasoning,water and cornstarch in the slow cooker. Slow cook on high for 4 hours and add in tomato sauce and tomato paste. Mix ingredients.Season the taco soup with the taco seasoning mix. Add salt if needed.
- Mix cornstarch and water and add into the taco soup.
- Continue cooking for another 30 minutes and season with salt if needed
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...