FILIPINO STYLE BEEF ADOBO TACO serve in a nontraditional way, but still giving a nod to my Filipino roots and giving it a Hispanic twist. This Filipino Style Beef Adobo Taco, is a must try.
Hello, guys, today, I am serving you this ADOBO meal which I can say I am so proud of. Normally, I just cook adobo the traditional way: I cook it stove top, and serve it with rice; but today, I just made your life easier by slow cooking this Beef Adobo and I serve it with Taco.
Normally, I use pork or chicken meat when I make adobo, but since I am in an adventurous mood in the kitchen, I used beef as main meat. Sure, some cooks have made Beef Adobo before, but I have not tried it before, so the outcome was a surprise to me: THIS BEEF ADOBO is soft, tasty and moist.
I am so proud of how this meal turned out. Slow cooked for hours, the meat is soft and moist and the adobo sauce just penetrated to the meat. And the left over sauce, you can use it for your next rice meal.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF ADOBO TACO:
As the other meal in this blog, I want to make my meal easy and less stress, and I wan it ready when I come home from work, so I use my ever trusted SLOW COOKER to do the cooking. I prepared all of the taco trimmings like slicing the tomatoes and chopping the cilantro in the morning and put them in the fridge. But next time, though, instead of using 2 pounds of beef, I will huuuuuge batch for meal prepping and freezing extra meat for quick serve meals, since this meal was gone in 2 seconds.
BEEF ADOBO TACO INGREDIENTS:
In this recipe, I used Pot roast beef and I removed some of the fat but keep some also. I want to keep the moist of this meal. Sure, you can use the instant adobo sauce you can buy in the store, I want this to be a Filipino style taco, so the sauce is made with traditional adobo sauce ingredients: soy sauce, chopped garlic and onion, sugar and vinegar.
FOR MORE EASY FILIPINO RECIPES:
Siopao/FILIPINO STEAMED BUNS
- 1.5 lbs Beef Roast, trim some of the meat
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup water
- Place the whole size of meat and put into 7 quart ceramic slow cooker.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredient in a medium sized bowl and season according to your liking. Pour into the slow cooker. YOU CAN ADD MORE SAUCE IF YOU WANT.
- Set slow cooker on high for 5-6 hours and low for 8 hours.
- When ready, drain all of the liquid and and set aside for another meal. Shred meat using fork and serve with soft taco and garnish with tomato and cilantro. Drench with lime and ENJOY!