SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITA WITH SOUR CREAM LIME SAUCE. Bake in a single sheet pan, this Chicken Fajita is to die for. With simple prep, easy clean up and a Chicken Fajita ready in less than 30 minutes, I think it is about time to dive into sheet pan cooking.
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPE:
I know I am late. Sheet pan cooking was so yesterday. Maybe 2 years ago, but I did not jump into the sheet pan band wagon just for no valid reason. But I saw this post in You Tube and I thought I have to do this. I wish this Chicken Fajita is an original recipe, but I just copied this from my recipe site and tweaked a bit of the recipe as per availability on what’s available in my pantry. But still, guys! It s so delicious. You got to make this!
As this blog’s mission is to make EASY, DELICIOUS RECIPES for busy working woman, this Chicken Fajita stayed true to my mission. EASY .TO. MAKE. Also, the ingredients are readily available, you can make this quickly.
CHICKEN FAJITA INGREDIENTS:
In this meal, we are using ingredients that are readily available in your pantry:
- Cumin – by adding cumin to the chili powder and chili. you just made your Fajita mixed from scratch.
- Chili Powder – this brings out the great taste of the sour cream and the lime juice. A must add.
- Chicken Breast – sliced into strips to bite sized pieces, the chicken breast is easily baked and cooked in 24 minutes when baked at 400 F. You can use beef too if you prefer.
- Black ground pepper- the spice is not overpowering in this meal.
- Lime wedges- it is so easy to skip lime wedges but I think it is not optional in this meal. The lime wedges just give a little bit of oommph on the meal. So don’t skip this part.
- Bell Pepper- you can use as much as you want.
- Tortilla- next time I will use the Soft Tao soft tortilla. I think it will tastes perfectly with the Chicken Fajita.
- Sour Cream- this made the sauce tangy and tastes so good mixed with the lime juice and the chili powder.
- Cilantro- this is one of my most fav herb, so I pile it on my fajita. You can do the same.
MORE QUICK AND EASY RECIPE FROM THIS BLOG:
- One Sauce Recipe Done 4 Ways
- Shrimp Boil Foil Pack
- Less Than 30 Minutes Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Chicken Done 4 Ways
- 2 lbs chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 piece small bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup red or yellow onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any oil will work
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- lime juice
- HALF/ DIVIDE THE MARINADE and coat the chicken meat with it, and marinate chicken meat overnight, or for 4 hours.
- Put bell pepper and onion In a separate bowl,and add the other half of the marinade and coat the veggies.
- Arrange veggies in a sheet pan, and in the middle of it, arrange the chicken meat.
- Bake in a pre heated 400 F oven for 26 minutes or until meat is cook through.
- Serve in a tortilla or top on rice bowl. Garnish with cilantro and lime and spread the homemade sauce.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and store in the fridge until ready to use.