Enjoy these Frozen Sweet Potato Fries cooked in the Air Fryer – impeccably crispy, free from sogginess, swift to prepare, health-conscious, and boasting a noticeably reduced grease factor. Enjoy a snack that effortlessly combines quickness, wholesome goodness, and a satisfying crunch without the excess grease.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer
Table of Contents
I am not a big fan of fries due to their greasiness. They are soaked and deep-fried in oil and always turn out soggy and unappetizing. However, cooking frozen fries in the air fryer has changed everything. I have made and cooked frozen fries in the air fryer thrice in a row and still love it. There is simply no stopping it! The swiftness and no mess approach is undoubtedly a big Yes to it.
Why Choose Frozen Sweet Potato Fries?
Choosing frozen sweet potato fries for your air fryer offers a variety of advantages that make them a convenient and delicious option. Here are some compelling reasons:
- Convenience: Frozen sweet potato fries eliminate the need for peeling, cutting, and seasoning, saving you valuable prep time. They are ready to use straight from the freezer, making them a convenient choice for quick and hassle-free cooking.
- Consistent Quality: They are pre-cut and pre-seasoned. This ensures that each fry has the right flavors and cooks evenly, delivering a uniform and satisfying crunch.
- Crispy: It creates a wonderfully crispy texture. The high heat of the air fryer works its magic, creating a golden-brown exterior while maintaining the sweet and tender interior of the fries.
How Do You Cook Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer?
- Frozen sweet potato fries of your choice- this brand is my favorite. It is not salty and it is seasoned just right for our family.
- Arrange fries in a single layer. Spread the frozen sweet potato fries evenly in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to allow proper air circulation.
Cooking Time and Temperature
- Cook the fries for approximately 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Cooking times may vary based.
- Keep a close eye on them to prevent overcooking. The goal is a golden-brown exterior with a tender interior.
Tips for Success:
- One Layer– Arrange the fries in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Pat Dry: To reduce any potential sogginess, pat the frozen fries with a paper towel before air-frying them to remove excess moisture.
- Experiment with Seasonings: Customize the flavor profile with different seasonings and spices.
How Long to Cook Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer?
Cooking times for fries may vary depending on the thickness of the cut and the type of fryer used. To achieve optimal results, follow these general guidelines: For standard frozen fries, cook for 12 minutes, flipping or shaking the basket halfway through. For thicker fries, consider extending the cooking time to obtain the desired level of crispness.
Dealing with Soggy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
Sogginess in air-fried sweet potato fries can occur due to overcrowding or excess moisture. To ensure crispiness:
- Avoid Overcrowding: Arrange the frozen sweet potato fries in a single layer, leaving some space between them. Overcrowding can trap moisture, leading to sogginess.
- Pat Dry: Before air frying, pat the frozen
Preventing Burning of Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
Burning can occur due to high temperatures or extended cooking times. To prevent burning, following these tips, you can ensure your frozen sweet potato fries achieve the perfect balance of crispiness without any sogginess or burning in the air fryer.
- Adjust Temperature: Lower the air fryer temperature if your sweet potato fries burn. Try cooking at 360°F and broil for three minutes instead of five minutes.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the fries and adjust the cooking time based on your air fryer model. Shaking the basket halfway through helps in even cooking.
- Check for Readiness: Remove the fries once they reach the desired crispiness. Overcooking can lead to burning.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries cooked in the Air Fryer
- 1 Instant Pot Air Fryer with Air fryer Basket
- 10 oz Frozen Sweet Potato Fries this is half of the pack
- Place the frozen sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket. Ensure that the frozen fries are not stacked on each other.
- Insert the air fryer basket and set the temperature to twelve minutes. There is no need to preheat the machine.
- Once the air fryer says to turn food, pull the basket out and shake the fires. Insert the basket back and wait until it is done.
- Once the fries are cooked, Cancel the air fryer button setting and push the broil setting. Change the temperature to 400 F and set the timer to three minutes.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...