This Graham De Leche is a combination of my 2 Filipino Desserts- Graham Float and Leche Flan. It is a creamy and a sweet combination of both desserts to wow the crowd and entice you to come back for second or third slices.
Whenever I want to make Puto Cheese, I just have to make Leche flan too- to use the egg yolks. But this time, I decided to make Graham Leche Flan for a change. Using my heavy whipping cream and condense milk on hand, I got to get whipping.
This Filipino dessert may look intimidating to make but it is really simple. I usually make my Leche Flan ahead of time-night before the occasion assemble everything.
MAKING THE LECHE FLAN
- Prepare the llanera and put 4 tablespoons brown sugar. Set the pan on a low fire heat and melt the sugar until it turns golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk and egg .When the mixture is mix thoroughly, divide and pour into the 2 prepared mold/llanera.
- Make sure that the caramel is cool, you do not want to cook your egg yolks. Cover the mold with tin foil and steam for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Let it cool and very gently transfer into a flat plate.
- Drain the caramel before putting in the container.
MAKING THE WHIPPING CREAM
- Prepare the equipment: Gather all of the ingredients and equipment needed and refrigerate them. It is important that equipment are cold to achieve the most volume.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream on high until it's stiff peaks.
- Slowly add the condensed milk and beat again on high until stiff peaks.
- Prepare the pan: Line the first layer of graham crackers in the pan.
ASSEMBLING THE DESSERT:
- Choose a container where your llanera fits. My llanera is measure xxx so I used xxx size container.
- Line your first layer of graham crackers in the container and top it with the whipped cream.
- Add another layer of graham crackers and cover with whipped cream. Depending of how thick your grahma layer, keep repeating this process. Two layers of grahma was enough for me.
- Gently put the Leche Flan on top and in the middle of the container and fill gaps with whipped cream.
- Freeze the Leche graham for 4 hours before serving.
SIZE OF THE LLANERA
- I use 8 x 9 size of Pyrex glass container
- My Llaneea size is 6 inch oblong shape
WHIPPED CREAM SUBSTITUTE:
I have not tried it, but this site leaftv showed how to substitute whipped cream
Mix 1/3 cup of softened butter with 3/4 cup milk and mix on high using electric mixer. This yields 1 cup of whipped cream substitute.
This Graham De Leche is a combination of my 2 Filipino Desserts- Graham Float and Leche Flan. It is a creamy and a sweet combination of both desserts to wow the crowd.
FOR THE LECHE FLAN:
10 egg yolks
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tablespoons brown sugar ( 4 tablespoon in each llanera)
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 can of 14 oz condensed milk
24 - 30 graham crackers
- Make the Leche flan. Check the process here: Leche Flan
- Divide the mixture equally in 2 llanera
- Let cool and transfer in a plate and drain the caramel
PREPARE THE WHIPPED CREAM:
- Place all of the ingredients in the fridge to cool them.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the chilled condensed milk. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Arrange the first layer of graham crackers in a pan, (size of pan - enough to fit the flan) about 8 x 9 pan.
- Spread the prepared cream mixture over the graham crackers.
- Top the mixture with another layer of graham crackers.
- Spread another mixture and add the leche Flan in the middle of the container.
- Spread cream mixture on the sides or around the flan.
- Cover the pan and freeze to set for 4 hours or refrigerate overnight before serving.