What make Jalapeno Pepper Homestyle? It’s because you use just 3 simple ingredients and prepare it as simple as you can to fit your busy schedule, and it is utterly delicious too. Sure, you can simply buy a box of Jalapeno Poppers, but where is the thrill in that? I am not judging here, because I often have bout of ready meals, but when it come to this poppers, Homestyle Jalapeno Poppers is the way for me, BECAUSE :
- One: it is cheaper.
- Two: I think it is more delicious
- Third: You can control the kick of it. If you want to make your poppers more HOOOOT, do not remove the seeds, if you want it medium hot, just leave a bit of the seed and if you want it BORRING which means No Heat, just remove the all of the seeds.
BUT I PREFER MINE EXTRA HOOOOOOT AND SPICY, so I am keeping all of the seeds.
SO, THIS HOMESTYLE JALAPENO POPPERS came to be one day when my son’s friend was boasting about how he can eat spicy poppers and he wanted some made for him when visits. Of course, I am so willing to enjoy his stay and I made my own version of Jalapeno poppers with the least ingredients I can make it with. SO here it is. Wrapped with bacon, drench in cream cheese ground beef strained off with from its oil and baked. And the kids love it. Nothing beats a big thanks from my little boys.
- 1 box 8 oz Non Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 lb ground chicken or beef
- 1/4 of red pepper chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of red onion chopped
- 1 pack low salt bacon
- 15-20 pieces jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash and clean Jalapeno and slit its skin in the middle. Remove seed according to your liking:: If you want it extra hot, keep all of the seed. MILD: remove half of the seed and NO heat: remove all of the seeds. Set aside.
- Line baking pan with foil and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute' meat until it changes its color or when it's cook through.
- Drain the excess oil and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- When meat is cold, mix it with the cream cheese with the rest of the ingredients and fill the prepared Jalapeno. Wrap each Jalapeno with low fat bacon and stick a toothpick to make the bacon stay. Line the Jalapeno Poppers in a pan with wire rack and bake ate a and bake Jalapeno until Jalapeno are wilted, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...