You’ve heard me right! Today, we got BUKO,PANDAN ICE CREAM in the house . NO MACHINE NEEDED.I was a little skeptical at first when I started this BUKO PANDAN ICE CREAM prowess, but I was sold at the result, and my family agreed in unison.It is too easy to make.
For other Cold or Ice Cream Recipe:
The catch, the Buko Pandan flavor is not usually carried in the grocery stores here in the US, so you have to order the Buko Pandan flavoring online. Ideally, or in the perfect world, you make your own Pandan flavoring. You cut the pandan leaves,boil it and extract your own Pandan flavor.
To be honest, I did not extract my own Pandan flavor. Mine came from the Philippines. When I went home I had no time to make my own, so I just bought mine and took risk of being “deported and fined”. This flavoring has to be declared during custom check in the Los Angeles airport, only realizing that it is sold everywhere online. But it’s worth the risk. Yup, it is a small bottle, but you can make a lot out of the 20 ml bottle. I had made Pandan cake and this ice cream, and I still have half of the bottle left.
Then the young coconut. I am so glad that Walmart now carried them. I am hoping that your Walmart will have some too. Boy, the coconut was very sweet and the coconut was just firm enough to scrape. I got lucky with this coconut, because sometimes, you’ll get the thinnest coconut meat and that will not be too good for this recipe. We prefer a coconut meat that is firm.Although you can use the loose coconut meat, I think it will get lost with the mixture.
It has been awhile since I have eaten Buko Pandan Ice Cream. I think it was 4 years ago that I had my last bite, so I have to ask my mother in law if the taste is at par with what we have in PI. She said it tastes similar with the Buko Pandan Ice Cream in the Philippines, but I have to be careful not to include the coconut shell. So gently scrape your young coconut. Don’t do what I did, as you can see in the video. ( Actually unable to post it … will post soon.)
Just like the Avocado Ice Cream I posted two weeks ago, you don’t need machine and it only has 4 ingredients.
For more No Churn, No Machine Ice Cream you can make:
HOW TO MAKE BUKO PANDAN ICE CREAM (NO MACHINE NEEDED)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Scraped Coconut Meat from 2 young coconut around 1 cup , drink the coconut juice, so sweet : )
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Buko Pandan Extract
- Mix the coconut meat and the condensed milk in a small bowl and add the Pandan extract. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy whipping cream in an electric mixer and mix until it turns into stiff peaks.
- When Heavy whipping cream is ready, add into the coconut meat and condensed milk mixture
- Transfer mixture to 9 x 5 inch loaf baking pan, cover with foil or cellophane (cling wrap)/foil. Freeze overnight until solid.
- Thaw Buko Pandan ice cream for 30 minutes before serving. ENJOY!!!
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...