Beef Salpicao Recipe.Embark on a Culinary Journey with our Delectable Beef Salpicao Recipe. Savor Tender Beef Infused with Rich Flavors. Unveil Gastronomic Excellence.
What Is the Meaning of Beef Salpicao?
Beef salpicao is equal to a quick and easy food that is a perfect combination of beef chunks, garlic, paprika, chili flakes, and butter. In addition, Worcestershire and soy sauce add a savory flavor to make it yummiest. Worcestershire sauce is the primary ingredient, so its perfect use makes it a fantastic food. At the last stage use of roasted garlic and the bold aroma of garlic makes these beef bites most scrumptious.
What Country Beef Salpicao From?
Its name is derived from Spanish, and this food reaches the Philippines via Spain. So, enjoy this perfectly cooked and delightful food with us. Make it any time of the day, and feel free to use it as an appetizer or main course meal.
Serve Beef Salpicao with:
Why Do People Love Beef Salpicao?
- Short Cooking Time
There are many reasons to cook salpicao at home. But its quick cooking process makes it attractive and effortless. Its cooking time is almost twenty minutes. You only need basic cooking wear such as a spatula, wok, or frying pan. Moreover, all ingredients are readily available, so you do not need to feel stressed.
- Delicious food
This food is a perfect balance of salty and sour umami flavors. The tenderness of beef chunks and the sour taste of Worcestershire and soy sauce make it mouthwatering. So, hit your taste at maximum level with salpicao.
- Full Of Proteins
Beef is a key ingredient that is a perfect protein, iron, and vitamin source. So, get the best level of muscle strength by adding a moderate portion of beef into your daily diet. Beef salpicao is a food that can easily fit into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. That is why this is the best source to live an active life.
- Boosting Immune System
As we already mentioned the benefits of beef, garlic is another ingredient with numerous health benefits:
- Garlic is an excellent fighter for protecting our bodies from many diseases.
- It is an excellent immune system booster.
- Garlic is one of the best foods that work better to reduce the risk of heart-related problems and control blood pressure.
So, please take advantage of our recipe to stay healthy.
Easy Beef Salpicao Recipe
What is Beef Salpicao Made of?
- Ribeye steak/Tenderloin: beef is the key ingredient, but it is recommended to use ribeye beef steaks. So, use small beef chunks to get a juicy morsel. Try to use fresh meat cubes, perfect deep red or reddish-brown color is a sign of fresh meat. However, you can use frozen meat also but never use frozen meat directly. Please put it off the freezer to defrost it before cooking.
- Worcestershire sauce: do you know what is the natural beauty of beef salpicao? Worcestershire sauce has a unique flavor with the best combination of sweetness and tanginess.
- Soy Sauce: this liquid makes a sound, salty, sweet combination with Worcestershire sauce.
- Oyster Sauce: this thick sauce adds an earthy flavor with a salty and slightly sweet taste.
- Garlic – roasted garlic is best to add a bold and robust flavor. However, you can adjust its quantity as per your requirements.
- Butter– use diced unsalted butter. It adds a beautiful glaze for juicy and creamy beef salpicao.
- Salt: This seasoning spice is good in increasing the tenderness of the meat and helps to enhance the taste.
- Black Pepper: using black Pepper for marination is optional to get a deep smoky flavor.
- Red Chili Flakes: To make this Filipino food spicier and more incredible, use chili flakes. You can adjust its quantity to get a balanced taste.
- Olive Oil: oil is used to add a smoky hint. You can alternatively use many oils as per your taste, such as sunflower, olive, or canola.
Quantity Of Ingredients for Beef Salpicao Recipe
- Beef 2 pounds
- Worcestershire sauce ¼ cup
- Soy sauce three tablespoons
- Oyster sauce 1.5 tablespoons
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Red chili flakes ½ tablespoon
- Garlic paste1 tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic 2 tablespoons.
- Olive Oil 1/4 cup
- Chop spring onions in two tablespoons.
Required Equipment for Cooking
- Cooking wok
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp 8 quarts
Step By Step Cooking Instructions
Add beef, salt, Pepper, and one tablespoon of oil in a medium bowl, and mix well. Rub this mixture on the meat properly. Cover this bowl with a paper sheet and set it aside for 20 minutes.
Put Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and chili flakes into another small bowl. Whisk it well and set it aside.
- Cooking in the Instant Pot:
Prepare the beef by slicing it into thicker cubes.
Push the Saute button function of your Instant Pot and add one-fourth cup of olive oil. Wait for three minutes then add in the garlic. Brown the garlic and remove it from the pot. Set it aside.
Brown the beef on all sides and add soy, oyster, Worcestershire, and chili flakes.
Turn off the saute button and cover the pot with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button function and set the pressure to HI. Set the timer for twenty-eight minutes and quickly release when done.
Open the lid and turn the pressure setting off and push the saute button setting for thirty minutes.
Add in the cornstarch slurry and gently mix the beef until thick.
Add the butter and let it melt. Turn the saute function and serve with the roasted garlic and sprinkle with green onions.
- Use one-inch chunks of fresh beef.
- Pat-dry before marination
- You can add two tablespoons of cornstarch by mixing in water for a slurry texture.
- Don’t overcook.
- It would be best to have a thick bottom wok.
- You can make a beef salpicao recipe with mushrooms.
- Set heat wisely. Continuous high heat will cause hard and burning meat.
- Make sure Garlic is roasted, not burned, because it is a crucial ingredient; please don’t spoil its aroma.
How do you Store?
If you have leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them. You can also freeze this, thaw it on the counter, and reheat it in the microwave for two minutes.
For More Beef Recipes:
Beef Salpicao Recipe
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer 8 oz
- 2 lb Rib Eye or Tenderloin cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch please see note 3
Beef Salpicao Cooked in the Instant Pot
- Slice the tenderloin or rib eye into thick cubes. Marinate with salt, pepper, and oil for thirty minutes. Please see note 1
- Push the Saute button function of your Instant Pot and add one-fourth cup of olive oil. Wait for three minutes and brown the minced garlic. When done, remove the garlic from the pot and set aside for later use.
- Brown the on all sides and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and chili flakes.
- Turn off the saute button and cover the pot with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button function and set the pressure to HI. Set the timer for twenty-eight minutes and quickly release when done.
- Open the lid and turn the pressure setting off and push the saute button setting for thirty minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch slurry and gently mix the beef until thick. Add the butter and let it melt. Serve garnished with the garlic and sprinkle with green onion.
How to Cook Beef Salpicao Stovetop
- Marinate the beef with salt, pepper, and oil. Heat cooking oil in a medium-sized pan. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Add oil to a wok and brown the garlic. Remove the garlic from the pan and set it aside.
- Brown the beef on all sides and add the sauces and the chili flakes. Cover and let it cook on low heat for about an hour or until the meat is tender. Add water if needed.
- When the meat is done, add the slurry and let the meat simmer for two more minutes. Add the butter and let it melt. Serve with the roasted garlic and green onions
- Cooking in the IP. The thickness should be one inch by one inch so the meat will not be too tender when cooked in the instant pot.
- Stovetop. Thinly slice the meat for quick cooking.
- You only need this if the sauce is thin, so skip the slurry if the sauce is thick.