This Moist Corn Bread is highly popular in our household. It goes perfectly with chili or is just perfect for breakfast paired with coffee. This is a crowd please cornbread with gentle sweetness and fluffy bread which are enough reasons to make it.
Moist Corn Bread
I may be cooking a lot in our household, but I am a sucker for great restaurants too, and my hometown is one of those places that has awesome restaurants. So we went to one place which served us an awesome moist cornbread and I wanted to recreate it; so I looked on the internet for when I can recreate this moist cornbread and found this recipe from Recipe Tin Eats.
And really!! OMG. This Moist cornbread is very delicious. It has enough sweetness in it, and the texture is soft and fluffy. This will be the IT recipe for cornbread. You don’t have to be using the boxed ones anymore. Not anymore.
For more Holiday meals:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE: Tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for quick meal ideas
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk transfer the leftover in a plastic container and freeze
- 1 CUP canned creamed corn if you use the whole can, the corn bread will be moist so freeze the leftover
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour plain/all purpose
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush a 12 holes standard muffin tin with melted butter.
- Combine Dry ingredients in a bowl and give them a quick stir to combine.
- Whisk Wet ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Pour Wet into Dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove muffin tray from the oven. Brush tops with melted butter. Cool for 5 minutes then remove muffins onto a rack.