This Moist Corn Bread is highly popular in our household. It goes perfectly with chili or, just perfect for breakfast paired with coffee. This is a crowd pleaser corn bread with gentle sweetness and fluffy bread which are enough reasons to make this right now.
I may be cooking a lot in our household, but I am a sucker for great restaurants too, and my hometown is one of those place which has awesome restaurants. So we went to one place which served us an awesome moist corn bread and I wanted to recreate it; so I looked in the internet for when I can recreate this moist corn bread and found this recipe from Recipe Tin Eats.
And really!! OMG. This Moist corn bread is very delicious. It has enough sweetness in it, and the texture is soft and fluffy. This will be the IT recipe for corn bread. You don't have to be using the boxed ones anymore. Not anymore.
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk ( transfer the leftover in a plastic container and freeze)
- 1 CUP canned creamed corn ( if you use the whole can, the corn bread will be moist so freeze the leftover)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour (plain/all purpose)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush a 12 hole standard muffin tin with melted butter.
- Combine Dry ingredients in a bowl and give them a quick stir to combine.
- Whisk Wet ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Pour Wet into Dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove muffin tray from the oven. Brush tops with melted butter. Cool for 5 minutes then remove muffins onto a rack.