Filipino Soup – Pancit Molo is a perfect idea on this cold days just to swerve from the norm. Done are the days of Crock Pot Chili Soup, Crock Pot Asparagus Soup, Crock Pot Broccoli Soup and Velveeta and Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup … Let’s go Asian particularly a Filipino Soup – you guys, that soup in the picture below, let’s try it. It is called Pancit Molo. It is filling, high protein and very soothing. It is easy to make… just boil the broth and mix the filling ingredients and you will get this warmth feeling almost immediately…And you do not have to wait for winter to make this.
As you know it is 1000000 million degrees in the Philippines almost year round but it does not mean we cannot enjoy this Filipino Soup – Pancit Molo. I remember a friend made this on her birthday which was on the summer month – March- so you that would be like scorching hot, yet , we were gorging this Pancit Molo like there was no tomorrow. With sweat streaming off our sweat glands, we were back for second and thirds for this soup. With rice on the sides, it was a perfect birthday meal.
I used the broth from the Baby Back Pork ribs which I posted last week. I separated the ribs from the broth and let the broth cool down and then I put the crock pot it in the fridge and on the next day, I remove the fat which resides on top of the soup. I also remove any brown residues in the broth by a strainer. If you are scared of fat, you can toss the broth and use a low sodium Chicken broth instead.
I had a day off last week, so I made THIS Filipino Wonton Soup using the broth from the Boiled Pork Ribs and I also made some high protein Chicken Kebabs from the left over Hoisin Tomato Sauce I made for the meatballs. As you can see, the foods in the blog are connected together; this way, I can save money and I do not have to buy the ingredients once and not use them. These Wonton wrappers I used for this soup are the left over from my post, Chinese Dumplings. SO THERE IS NO WASTE IN THIS BLOG, EVENTUALLY ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS WILL BE USED UP.
This Filipino Soup – Pancit Molo recipe is very easy to make. The filling can be prepared in less than 15 minutes and wrapping the Pancit Molo filling is a breeze too. Although the Wonton wrappers may look very fragile, they are not. So wrap confidently. Even first timers and amateur cooks will feel very accomplished when you make this soup. I made 16 pieces of wonton for this recipe today since that is the only Wonton wrapper left in the fridge. It serves 5 people. You can eat it by itself or, you can drench it on top of the rice just like my son usually do. You can double the recipe and freeze them for future use. We ate this at breakfast and I brought this to work for lunch and then have it for dinner.
PANCIT MOLO ( FILIPINO WONTON SOUP)
- 1.78 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb Baby Bok <g class="gr_ gr_270 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="270" data-gr-id="270">Choy steamed then chopped
- 2 stems green <g class="gr_ gr_269 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation replaceWithoutSep" id="269" data-gr-id="269">onions chopped</g>
- <g class="gr_ gr_266 gr-alert gr_spell undefined ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="266" data-gr-id="266">1 inch Fresh GInger shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 pieces Wonton Wrapper
- 6 Cups of Beef Broth OR Left Over Broth from the Spare Ribs Post
- Baby Bok Choy
- Duck Eggs
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Place all of the ingredients, except Wonton Wrapper, in a medium sized bowl and mixed until thoroughly incorporated . Place the Wonton wrapper on a flat surface and put 1 teaspoon of meat mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Dip your index finger with water and moisten the edges of the wrapper and seal. Do the same to the rest of the filling. Freeze left over filling for next use. I made another batch of the filling and freeze them. I am making them into Pot stickers (Coming soon in the blog)
- FOR SOUP:
- Put Pork Baby Back Rib broth ( or any broth) in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.Add Wontons into the simmering broth and stir occasionally until Wonton fillings are cook through, around 5 minutes. Add in Baby Bok Choy until gently multiReplace" id="272" data-gr-id="272">wilted . Garnish soup with Cilantro, and Green Onions or eggs. Serve Hot!