Few dishes can rival the soothing warmth of a creamy soup. And when it comes to flavor and nutrition, asparagus and mushrooms make an unbeatable combination. Today, I’m excited to share a delightful recipe for Instant Pot Cream of Asparagus Mushroom Soup that will undoubtedly become a rotation on your menu.
Cream of Mushroom soup
Table of Contents
Whether craving a comforting meal on a chilly evening or looking for a nutritious option to satisfy your hunger, this Instant Pot Cream of Asparagus Mushroom Soup ticks all the boxes. Its creamy texture, combined with the earthy flavors of asparagus and mushrooms, is sure to make it a favorite in your household. So why wait? Grab your Instant Pot and ingredients, and treat yourself to a bowl of pure comfort today!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Rich Flavor: The combination of earthy mushrooms and fresh asparagus creates a rich and satisfying flavor profile that’s comforting and indulgent.
- Creamy- this soup boasts a luxuriously creamy texture that coats your palate with every spoonful.
- Nutritious Ingredients: Asparagus is packed with vitamins and minerals, while mushrooms are a great source of protein and antioxidants. This soup offers a healthy way to enjoy your favorite comfort food.
- Easy Preparation: Using the Instant Pot streamlines the cooking process, making this soup a breeze to prepare
- Versatility: This recipe serves as a versatile base. Whether you want to add extra herbs, spices, or different types of mushrooms, the possibilities are endless for creating your perfect bowl of soup.
- Satisfying Comfort Food: a warm bowl of soup, especially when it’s creamy and flavorful like this one. It’s the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter’s day or whenever you need a little comfort and warmth.
- Impressive Presentation: Garnish your soup with fresh herbs or a drizzle of cream for an elegant soup dish.
- Fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Heavy cream or Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- All-purpose flour
- Onion and Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
How Do You Make it
- Sauté Vegetables: Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and melt the butter. Add diced onion and minced garlic, cooking until they’re soft and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Make the Roux: Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic and stir continuously for about 1 minute to create a roux. The roux will help thicken the soup. Add the bouillon. Try to crush it.
- Add Water: Pour in the water, ensuring all ingredients are well combined. Add the mushroom and the asparagus.
- Add Asparagus and Mushrooms: Stir in the chopped asparagus and sliced mushrooms, allowing them to cook for another 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Pressure Cook: Cover with the pressure cooker lid and push the pressure cooker button to LO. Set the timer for one minute. Quickly release when done.
- Season: Quickly release the pressure and stir gently. Add the seasoning—season according to your liking.
- Finish with Cream: Stir in the heavy cream, allowing it to heat through in the residual heat of the soup. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve and Enjoy: Ladle the creamy soup into bowls, garnishing with fresh parsley if desired. Serve hot alongside crusty bread or crackers for a satisfying meal.
Why Instant Pot
The Instant Pot makes this Cream of Asparagus Mushroom Soup incredibly convenient to prepare. The vegetables cook quickly with its pressure cooking function while retaining their nutrients and flavors. Plus, the easy cleanup means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your delicious creation.
How to Spruce Up Mushroom Soup
- Add Herbs: Elevate the flavor of your mushroom soup by adding fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or parsley.
- Enhance with Truffle Oil: A drizzle of truffle oil adds a luxurious and earthy flavor to mushroom soup.
- Incorporate Creamy Texture: Stir with sour cream or Greek yogurt to make your mushroom soup more indulgent.
- Top with Crispy Toppings: Crispy bacon bits, croutons, or fried shallots can add a satisfying crunch and extra depth of flavor to your soup.
- Experiment with Different Mushrooms: Try using a variety of mushrooms like shiitake, oyster, or porcini to add complexity to your soup.
- Splash of Wine: Deglaze the pot with a splash of white wine before adding the broth for a subtle hint of acidity and depth of flavor.
- Garnish with Fresh Greens: Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley, chives, or green onions over the top of your soup for freshness.
Can You Boil Soup in Instant Pot
Yes, you can boil soup in an Instant Pot. The Instant Pot has various cooking functions, including a “Soup/Broth” setting, which allows you to boil and simmer soup ingredients under pressure. Add your ingredients to the Instant Pot, select the appropriate setting, and let it work for you. The pressure cooking function helps to lock in flavors and cook ingredients thoroughly, resulting in a delicious and flavorful soup in a fraction of the time compared to traditional stovetop methods.
How Do you Store
- Refrigeration: Allow the soup to cool completely at room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container or a sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate the soup for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezing: If you want to store the soup longer, consider freezing it. Once the soup has cooled, spoon it into freezer-safe containers, leaving room for expansion. Alternatively, you can freeze individual portions in freezer bags. Frozen soup will keep well for up to 2-3 months.
- Thawing: When ready to enjoy the soup, transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Alternatively, you can thaw it more quickly by placing the container in a bowl of cold water and changing it every 30 minutes until melted. Avoid thawing the soup at room temperature to prevent bacterial growth.
- Reheating: Reheat the refrigerated or thawed soup on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated. Add a broth or water splash to reach your desired consistency if the soup has thickened too much. You can reheat frozen soup directly from frozen, adding a few extra minutes to the heating time.
- Storage Tips: Label the containers with the date before storing them in the refrigerator or freezer to help you keep track of freshness. Additionally, consider storing the soup in portion-sized containers for convenient reheating and serving.
Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisp 8 quart
- 1 large pan
- 1 Crock Pot
- 1 Ladle
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 8 oz Sliced Fresh Mushroom
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder chopped finely
- 1 cup Heavy Cream You can substitute this with Carnation Evaporated Milk.
How to Cook Stovetop
- Melt the butter and cook the onion until transparent. Add the flour and stir to make a paste. Add the asparagus and mushroom. Saute until the mushroom changes its color and the asparagus is wilted. Cover with the lid and cook for thirty minutes.
- When done, season the soup and add the cream. Garnish with parsley, basil, or mint. Serve hot
How to Cook in the Crock Pot
Place Asparagus, mushroom, water, and chopped onion in the crock pot. Cook on high for four hours and low for seven hours.
In the morning, or when you come home, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add flour. Add the evaporated milk or heavy cream and stir until smooth. Add the mixture into the crock pot and mix the ingredients.
Add onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Let it sit in the crock pot for a few more minutes until the soup is thick.
How to Cook in the Instant Pot
- Set the inner pot in the Instant Pot base and push the saute' button setting. Set the timer to thirty minutes.
- Add the butter and let it melt. Make a roux by adding the flour and mixing it with the butter. Continue stirring until a paste is formed. Add the Mushroom and the asparagus.
- Add the bouillon. Crush it at this stage. You can also use bouillon powder and add salt and pepper once the pressure cooking is done.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set the pressure to LO. Set the timer to one minute.
- Quickly release the pressure when done. Gently stir, scraping the roux at the bottom. Add the heavy whipping cream and season with the spices.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...