CROCK POT ASPARAGUS MUSHROOM SOUP FOR BUSY WOMAN. Easy ready to eat soup after a long day of work. Let the crock pot do the hard work.
FOR MORE CROCK POT RECIPE:
Hi! I am here to share with you this crock pot Asparagus Mushroom soup recipe. This is not my original recipe . I got it from the old cookbook from Elsa’s Landing Restaurant and I thought it is worth sharing because you can make it in traditional stove cooking as well as slow cooking using your crock pot, yet the yield is utterly delicious. I packed this Mushroom soup for lunch. I cooked it overnight from 10 PM to 6 AM and bring it to work. This way, I am able to save money . I also made it in traditional stove cooking as soon as I arrive from work and it is ready in 30 to 45 minutes.
Lately, I have been cooking my meals through crock pot since I have been so busy from work,raising teen agers and maintaining the house. I have become dependent with my beloved crock and I REALLY THINK THAT CROCK POT IS THE BUSY WOMAN’S SAVIOR. As busy as I am now, I am grateful for these blessings of new job, motherhood and as wife… Thank you, God. I apologize if my incoming recipes will be crock pot made. I just have become a CROCK POT MINION… Enjoy this soup,you guys and see you later fro more crock pot recipes!
1/2 lb asparagus, slice into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mushroom slice into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
- 6 tbsp light butter
- Bring 4 cups chicken stock to a simmer in medium saucepan.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook over medium heat,around 10 minutes.Or until asparagus is tender.
- In another saucepan melt butter in low heat.
- Saute' onion and add mushroom then add the flour.
- Add this mixture to the asparagus and cover until mushroom is soft. Add 1 cup evaporated milk and season with garlic salt.
- Garnish with parsley,basil or mint. Serve hot
- NOTE: You can add salt or pepper, but I like my Asparagus and Mushroom soup without salt.
To COOK IN CROCK POT:
- Take 1/2 cup of milk and set aside.
- Use the 6 tbsp of butter for later.