This Pattern Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe is easy to follow with detailed instructions plus video. There is no way you are going to fail to make this!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Table of Contents
I made a Pumpkin Roll Cake last year, and I thought to make it again with some fall patterns, so I just drew the pattern myself. You can make the pattern through PowerPoint. This Pattern Paste Recipe was from Sugar Hero, and the Pumpkin roll cake was from my favorite YT channel, Cooking Con Claudia.
- Delicious Flavor: Pumpkin roll cake is known for its delightful blend of flavors.
- Texture Contrast: The contrast in textures between the soft and tender pumpkin cake and the creamy filling
- Aesthetic: Adding a pattern to the cake can make it look appealing.
- Seasonal Appeal: Pumpkin is often associated with the fall season. A pumpkin roll cake with a pattern can be a festive and comforting treat during autumn gatherings or holiday celebrations.
- Creative Expression: Bakers often enjoy the creative aspect of decorating cakes with patterns.
- Versatility: Pumpkin roll cake can be adapted in various ways. You can experiment with different patterns and flavors to suit your preferences, making it a versatile and customizable dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need: What’s Available in the Pantry?
I have all the ingredients in this recipe, so making a grocery run is unnecessary!
Pumpkin Roll Cake Ingredients:
- Large eggs
- White Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Canola Oil
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Spice – I made my pumpkin spice. You can buy this in the stores, but the pumpkin spice ingredients are often already in the pantry.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Puree
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- Milk to remove the Powdered sugar
Pattern Paste for Pattern Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
- Unsalted Butter
- Whiteblated Sugar
- Large egg whites
Cream Cheese Filling
- Low Fat cream cheese Frosting
- Unsalted Butter
- Egg Whites
How Do Make Pattern Pumpkin Roll Cake
This is an overview with step-by-step photos. Whole ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Trace the pattern of the pattern you made.
- Add the colored paste and spread them with a toothpick. After tracing and filling the pattern, freeze it while you make the cake ba ter. Mix all of the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooked cake with powdered sugar.
- Cover the cake with parchment paper. Make sure that the parchment paper is bigger than your pan.
- Cover the parchment paper with a large chopping board. Hold the pan and the chopping board in between your hands and flip.
- Make sure you release the cake by tracing the pan with a knife.
- Remove the pan and gently remove the pattern paper.
- Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar.
- Cover with a towel/cloth bigger than your pan.
- Place a pan on top of the towel and flip again.
- Now, remove the parchment paper.
- Using the towel, gently roll the cake and let it cool to big a muscle.
- When the cake is cooled down, unroll gently and fill.
- Roll the cake again and brush with milk to remove the powdered sugar.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap and let the cake chill.
Pro Tips for a Show-Stopping Pumpkin Roll Cake.
- To prevent the cake from cracking, roll it while it is hot.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar generously to prevent sticking.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before applying the filling to prevent it from melting.
Pattern Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
- 1 baking sheet 15 by 10 size
- Pattern Design
- Hand Electric Mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Small Strainer
- 3 Toothpick
- 3 piping bags
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cake Flour
- 1 large egg whites at room temperature
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz Low Fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
Pumpkin Roll Cake Ingredients
- 3 large Large eggs
- 3/4 cups White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- 1/4 cup Milk to remove the Powdered sugar
How to Make the Pattern Paste
- Put the egg whites in a small bowl and add in the granulated sugar. Mix until frothy and smooth.
- Add the softened butter and mix. Add the cake flour. Mix completely until there are no lumps.
- Separate the pattern paste into three colors.
- Add a food coloring gel to each bowl. Yellow, orange, and black or brown. Mix each bowl with a toothpick. Set aside until use.
Prepare the Pattern Paper
- Draw a pattern on white paper. In this case, I made fall leaves. Place the pattern paper on the 15x10 size pan.
- Put a parchment paper on top and spray with nonstick oil spray. Spread the oil using a paper towel.
- Trace the midribs and the venules with black paste. Freeze the pattern for ten minutes. When the paste has been set, trace the leaves. Freeze the pattern while you are making your pumpkin cake roll cake.
How to Make the Pumpkin Roll
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the cake into a large bowl and add in the sugar. Mix until pale in color. Add the vanilla extract. Mix. Strain in the flour and mix until smooth. Add the oil mix five times and add the baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until there are no lumps present.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix gently until smooth.
- Remove the patterned paper from the freezer and put it in the pan. Pour the pumpkin roll batter into the 15 by 10 size pan. Spread the batter using a spoon and make sure the batter is even.
- Bake in the preheated oven for eighteen minutes. Start checking at fifteen minutes using a toothpick test method.
How to Remove the Cake from the Pan
- When the cake is done, set the pan flat and generously sprinkle the cake powdered sugar.
- Gently scrape the side of the cake with a knife.
- Cover the cake with parchment paper bigger than the cake pan and cover with a chopping board or any flat object bigger than the baking pan you are using. Hold the pan and the chopping board in between your hands and flip,
- Gently remove the pattern. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and top the cake with a towel. Top the towel with a pan larger than the baking sheet. Hold the chopping board and the pan in between both hands and flip.
- Roll the cake while hot. Let the cake cool down for the cake to build a rolled "muscle."
- Make sure that the cake is cool fill it with the cream cheese filling and roll the cake.
- Brush the cake with milk to remove the powdered sugar. Transfer to plastic wrap and chill.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...