Easy, delicious, saucy sauce and filling. This is a poor Man's Version of Pork Menudo. Why did I call it as such? It is because I scrapped some of the ingredients needed for it. Usually Pork Menudo calls for hot dogs, raisins, liver spread; but I skipped all of these , revised and tweak the original version to fit on my daughter's possible budget while she is in college. She is trying to learn how to cook a big batch of the Pork Menudo to freeze so I opted the cheaper version.
This Poor Man Version of Pork Menudo is easy to make and very freeze able. What I usually do is make a huge batch on Sunday and meal prep it for the whole week days. Me and my husband bring it to lunch and we enjoy it as quick dinner as well.
Enjoy this meal!!!
And if you fancy it, you can try this SWEET POTATO BEEF STEW ALSO. THIS IS MY CHILDRENS' FAV.
- 1 pound lean pork meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick of carrot, cubed
- 1 medium sized potato,cubed
- 1 cup garbanzo or green peas
- ½ plus more cups of tomato sauce
- 1 small size onion,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup water.
- tomato paste optional
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 pieces of hot dog
- small can of liver spread
- In a medium sized pan heat cooking oil and saute' onion and garlic. When onion looks transparent and garlic is golden brown, add in the meat and cook until brown in all sides. Add in water to soften meat . Add more if needed. When meat is soft, add the carrots and potato and cook until soft.Then add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste and green peas or garbanzo and bell pepper. Cook for another 4 minutes and season with small amount of soy sauce and salt. Season according to your liking.
- ADD THE OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS. THE TASTE SHOULD TASTE LIKE A STEW BUT MORE STICKY.