This is my go to Tart Crust Recipe when I needed one. I have used it with my fruit tart and it is soft and less crumbly. Very easy to make too.
I have been looking for a delicious Tart Crust Recipe for a while now, and I finally settle on this crust recipe. This is a soft, crust and very simple to make too.
I used this crust when I made grape tart, strawberry tart and I will be using this when I make any fruit tart I will make in the future.
Making this Tart Crust is really easy :
First, you need to prepare the ingredients: I usually do this to stress less and to make my baking run smoothly.
You can use the processor or you can use you spatula. Although the spatula is more moist compared than using processor.
You can use this recipe for mini tarts too.
HOW DO YOU MAKE TART CRUST?
Making a tart crust is simple and easy. Note that this will soft when you are working on it.
You can use processor or just mix it in a bowl, but the latter is very soft and can be hard to work with, so I prefer to use a processor.
First add the butter, flour
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TART CRUST AND PIE CRUST
WHAT IS TART CRUST MADE OF?
This is the Green Grape Tart I made Using this Tart Crust. Link here Grape Tart.
Tart Crust Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanila
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, stand mixer, or in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pulse/stir/cut in the butter with a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla, and process/mix/stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8-inch.
- Press the dough gently into the tart pan(s), trimming away any excess.