Sweet and creamy Grape Tart filled with Almond cream. It is topped with sweet whipped cream. This tart is a delicious and easy way to make a tart dessert at home.
For More Easy Desserts:
I am crazy about café’ vlogs and it is my dream to own one in the future. I watch it often in YT- trying to get inspiration on what and how my future “ café’ “ will look like... dreaming about what coffee flavors I will serve and what desserts I will make for my future customers. I watch it all the time and that's how I came across fruit tarts- this Grape Tart in particular. I just love how it looks and how delicious the green grape colors come across on the screen, that I resolve to make my own.
I was so adamant to make my this, that I spent my weekend, perfecting this recipe. Guys, this tart is very good. The Almond Cream filling was not too sweet and crumbly. The tart crust tastes really good too.
I made a lot of trial and error, searched reliable bloggers on how it was done and I finally settled for the almond cream recipe from David Lebovitz.
For the tart crust, I love this recipe from baking moment and for the whipped cream, I used this recipe from Beyond frosting.
Again guys, I encourage you to try it. It is verrrrrry good.
There are 3 ways to make this Grape tart.
- First, you make the whipped cream.
- Second, you make the Tart Crust
- Third you make the filling.
I know. It may seem a lot of work, but you can do all of the process stage by stage…
Just like I do.
I make the cream and then I watch Netflix. Then I make the Almond cream, then do the laundry. And then I make the tart crust, refrigerate it, and take a nap. Doing it this way puts less pressure on me.
How do you make the tart crust?
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and keep refrigerated
- Place flour and salt in a processor and pulse twice.
- Add in the butter and pulse 3 to 4 times
- Add the vanilla and heavy whipping cream and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Note that this will be a sticky crust.
- Transfer crust into a plastic wrap and for a circle mound.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready sprinkle the work surface with small amount of flour and put flour in your rolling pin. Place crust and form into a circle.
- Place into a pie mold and keep on pressing the crust to form into the mold. Sealing any leaks or crack.
HOW TO MAKE THE ALMOND CREAM OR ALMOND FRAPINGANE
- Place room temperature butter in the bowl and beat until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until mixture turns pale in color.
- Add egg on ate a time , add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add almond flour until no more lumps.
- Set aside.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET WHIPPED CREAM?
- Place the cream cheese in a electric mixer bowl. Beat cream cheese on high until smooth. Make sure to scrape the cream cheese on edges of the bowl with spatula.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Sweet creamy Grape Tart filled with Almond cream and topped with sweet whipped cream, this tart is a delicious and easy way to make a tart dessert at home.
Sweet Whipped Cream:
- 8 ounces ( 1 package) full fat cream cheese, cold
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
1 lb green grapes , wash and dried
- Beat the butter using an electric mixer, or spatula. Beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and add the egg one at a time and mix in between.
- Add the almond flour, vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat until there's no lumps.
- Set aside.
USING A PROCESSOR:
- I am using 9 inch tart pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, stand mixer, or in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pulse twice and add in the butter. Pulse 6 times and add in the vanilla extract, whipping cream and the egg, process/mix/stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl. Transfer in a plastic.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8-inch.
- Press the dough gently into the tart pan and using your finger, spread dough on the side of the pan. Use the plastic to smoothen the dough.
- Place butter in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix. Add the vanilla and add in the flour, egg, and small amount of heavy cream - start with 1/2 tablespoon.
- Continue mixing until mixture come together.
- Transfer dough in a plastic and form into a round circle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
SWEET WHIPPED CREAM:
- Place cream cheese in an electric mixer bowl.
- Attach in wire whipped attachment.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and the powdered sugar and whipped in high until no cram cheese lumps.
- Add whipped cream by third and mix in each interval.
- Mix until stiff peaks.
- Put in the fridge until needed.
TO ASSEMBLE GRAPE TART:
- Pre heat oven at 340 F
- Pour almond cream in the pie crust and spread on the pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool and spread sweet whipped cream frosting using a spoon or a piping bag.
- Top with washed and dried green grape and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate before serving.
You can use processor in making the tart crust or you can use spatula or whisk.