Sweet and creamy Grape Tart filled with Almond cream. It is topped with sweet whipped cream. This tart is a delicious and easy way to make a tart dessert at home.
For More Easy Desserts:
I am crazy about café’ vlogs and it is my dream to own one in the future. I watch it often in YT- trying to get inspiration on what and how my future “ café’ “ will look like… dreaming about what coffee flavors I will serve and what desserts I will make for my future customers. I watch it all the time and that’s how I came across fruit tarts- this Grape Tart in particular. I just love how it looks and how delicious the green grape colors come across on the screen, that I resolve to make my own.
I was so adamant to make my this, that I spent my weekend, perfecting this recipe. Guys, this tart is very good. The Almond Cream filling was not too sweet and crumbly. The tart crust tastes really good too.
I made a lot of trial and error, searched reliable bloggers on how it was done and I finally settled for the almond cream recipe from David Lebovitz.
For the tart crust, I love this recipe from baking moment and for the whipped cream, I used this recipe from Beyond frosting.
Again guys, I encourage you to try it. It is verrrrrry good.
There are 3 ways to make this Grape tart.
- First, you make the whipped cream.
- Second, you make the Tart Crust
- Third you make the filling.
I know. It may seem a lot of work, but you can do all of the process stage by stage…
Just like I do.
I make the cream and then I watch Netflix. Then I make the Almond cream, then do the laundry. And then I make the tart crust, refrigerate it, and take a nap. Doing it this way puts less pressure on me.
How do you make the tart crust?
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and keep refrigerated
- Place flour and salt in a processor and pulse twice.
- Add in the butter and pulse 3 to 4 times
- Add the vanilla and heavy whipping cream and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Note that this will be a sticky crust.
- Transfer crust into a plastic wrap and for a circle mound.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready sprinkle the work surface with small amount of flour and put flour in your rolling pin. Place crust and form into a circle.
- Place into a pie mold and keep on pressing the crust to form into the mold. Sealing any leaks or crack.
HOW TO MAKE THE ALMOND CREAM OR ALMOND FRAPINGANE
- Place room temperature butter in the bowl and beat until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until mixture turns pale in color.
- Add egg on ate a time , add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add almond flour until no more lumps.
- Set aside.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET WHIPPED CREAM?
- Place the cream cheese in a electric mixer bowl. Beat cream cheese on high until smooth. Make sure to scrape the cream cheese on edges of the bowl with spatula.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Sweet Whipped Cream:
- 8 ounces 1 package full fat cream cheese, cold
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb green grapes wash and dried
- Beat the butter using an electric mixer, or spatula. Beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and add the egg one at a time and mix in between.
- Add the almond flour, vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat until there's no lumps.
- Set aside.
USING A PROCESSOR:
- I am using 9 inch tart pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, stand mixer, or in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pulse twice and add in the butter. Pulse 6 times and add in the vanilla extract, whipping cream and the egg, process/mix/stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl. Transfer in a plastic.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8-inch.
- Press the dough gently into the tart pan and using your finger, spread dough on the side of the pan. Use the plastic to smoothen the dough.
- Place butter in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix. Add the vanilla and add in the flour, egg, and small amount of heavy cream - start with 1/2 tablespoon.
- Continue mixing until mixture come together.
- Transfer dough in a plastic and form into a round circle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
SWEET WHIPPED CREAM:
- Place cream cheese in an electric mixer bowl.
- Attach in wire whipped attachment.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and the powdered sugar and whipped in high until no cram cheese lumps.
- Add whipped cream by third and mix in each interval.
- Mix until stiff peaks.
- Put in the fridge until needed.
TO ASSEMBLE GRAPE TART:
- Pre heat oven at 340 F
- Pour almond cream in the pie crust and spread on the pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool and spread sweet whipped cream frosting using a spoon or a piping bag.
- Top with washed and dried green grape and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Leave a Reply