This Tonkatsu Sauce yields one cup of delicious and tangy sauce, using only four ingredients. Use it for Tonkatsu Chicken and other fried dishes. You can’t tell that it’s homemade!
Homemade Tonkatsu Sauce
Table of Contents
I love a recipe that is easy, yet yields a very tasty outcome. Just like this sauce here. It gets a lot of rave from the family and it’s perfect for the Chicken Katsu I made.
For more Easy Homemade Sauce recipes:
When the restaurant in our town reopened after the height of Pandemic, the prizes also went up by eight dollars, so we have been cutting back on eating out. I am all for supporting small businesses, but it really hurts our budget.
Before the Pandemic, we eat out every payday; it’s just twice a month, but when we do, we spend big bucks. So even if it’s not often, eating out can get really expensive.
So today, I am sharing with you first this easy Tonkatsu sauce recipe, so that you don’t have to buy it. It’s simple and the ingredients could already be available in your pantry.
- All you need to make this are:
- Spatula or wire whisk
Tonkatsu Sauce Ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- White Vinegar
- Sweet Chili Sauce
How do you Make it?
- Combine soy sauce, water, sweet chili sauce, and ketchup in a medium bowl. Mix ingredients using a wire whisk or spatula and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture in a container and seal. Place in the fridge.
How to Store?
- Transfer the sauce to a clean and sealable container and refrigerate for up to 6 months. Discard if you see molds or there change in odor.
- To freeze. Place sauce in a ziplock and freeze. Thaw the sauce when ready to use.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE: Tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for quick meal ideas
HOMEMADE TONKATSU SAUCE
- spatula or wire whisk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- Combine soy sauce, water, sweet chili sauce, and ketchup in a medium bowl. Mix ingredients using a wire whisk or spatula and mix until well combined.Transfer mixture in a container and seal. Place in the fridge.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...