An easy How To Make Tzatziki Sauce instructions you can follow to make cucumber sauce at home. A photo guide and chicken gyro are shown also.
For more Easy Recipe:
- Beef and Noodle Bowl
- No Bake Rigatoni Pasta
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
- One-Pot Chicken Thigh Casserole
HOW TO MAKE TZATZIKI SAUCE
I know. You claim you don’t have time to make a damn sauce. And I understand. I am you. I work 8 hours a day and I do laundry on the weekend. I am damn tired too, but I also want to eat Chicken Gyros. The best option is to drive through the Best Greek restaurant in town and does take out but it will cost you $ 49 buck for a meal of three for 1 meal. There’s no way, but to make your own, when you are on a tight budget and are trying to pay that mortgage early.
SO MAKING THIS SAUCE AND CHICKEN GYROS AT HOME IS THE BEST OPTION- it is cheaper, but you just have to muster your last energy on shredding this cucumber and grilling the chicken and sleep and rest afterward.
SO LET’S DO THIS!!!
YOGURT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup English cucumber, grated, squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
How to Shred Cucumber Sauce
- Peel the cucumber using a peeler.
- Use a shredder and shred the peeled cucumber.
- Cucumber is mostly made of water, so squeeze out the fluid. If you don’t squeeze out the fluid, you will have a very liquid sauce.
- Add all of the ingredients and mix completely.
- Refrigerate and cover until ready to use.
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce can last 3 days in the refrigerator.
- WHERE CAN I USE THIS SAUCE?
- Beef Taco
- CUCUMBER SUBSTITUTE
If you don’t like cucumber, you can use zucchini as a cucumber substitute and it still tastes as good as the cucumber. Just shred it using a shredder and drain excess liquid and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE: Tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for quick meal ideas
How To Make Tzatziki SauceAn easy How To Make Tzatziki Sauce instructions you can follow to make cucumber sauce at home. Photo guide and chicken gyro is shown also.Print Pin RateServings: 8Cost: $1.59
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest zest of lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Tried this recipe?Mention @theskinnypot or tag #theskinnypot!
- Peel cucumber and shred using a shredder. You can use processor too for shredding.
- Drain excess fluid of the cucumber by squeezing out the fluid
- Place in the medium size bowl and add in the Greek Yogurt, dill, zest and garlic. Add the lemon juice intermittently. Start with 2 teaspoons and add more according to the level of sourness you desire. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a Reply