TORTANG TALONG (EGGPLANT OMELETTE). Hey, guys. Finally a post from the this blog, and this Tortang Talong will just make up for the lost times. I posted this Eggplant Omellette Boats months ago and you can check on it too, if you like.
So what is going on lately, is that I am sending my daughter to college this fall and I am so excited for her future,but I am just too anxious how she will fare living on her own. Boy, I think I am more worried than her. Another realization for us is how expensive college in the US is. Boy, for her program, we will end up paying more or less $ 85,000.00 and the school she is going is a public school,how much more those students who go to a private school.
SO CURRENTLY , WE ARE SAVING MONEY LIKE CRAZY AND I AM religiously BUDGETING FOR THE FIRST TIME… I said “religiously” because previously, I did not really sit down and writete our monthly spending until I watch this guy,Dave Ramsey, and I am amazed how vicariously we are spending haphazardly.
I guess all this stress of budgeting and letting my gown up daughter go have affected my blogging passion. I feel like I am dragging myself to cook and I’ve lost my interest in taking photos. Plus my 8-4 job… I am losing interest in blogging. It is not fun anymore and it is bringing me additional stress, and I think having those feeling is wrong. ONE SHOULD BE PASSIONATE IN WHAT THEY DO. I am thinking of quitting but, I don’t know, something is stopping me not to… SO I GUESS, I WILL JUST HAVE TO POST WHEN I LIKE IT AND NOT PRESSURE MYSELF.
- 5 pieces medium sized eggplant
- 3-4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ,pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Roast or grill eggplant until mostly charred and the flesh has softened. Let cool and peel off the charred skin.
- Using a fork, gently mash the eggplant until it is flatten. Keep the tip on to hold the eggplant meat together.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat cooking oil and Dip the eggplant in the egg mixture and fry.