SCOTCH EGG SIMPLE, QUICK, AND TASTY.Hey, guys. Our simple dinner today is all about Scotch Egg that is simple, quick and tasty. I decided to make this Scotch Egg today, because I have been on a look out for a good looking dinner which I can make in bulk and we can easily pack for lunch and this Scotch Egg is just one of those that meal that is so easy and portable candidate for boxed lunch.
This Scotch Egg is seriously very easy to make. Although you will have messy hand from handling the meat, don't just give up yet, because making it is soooo worth it. This recipe will yield 7 Scotch Eggs and the left over meat, you can just form into ping pong sized balls and fry them and now you have tiny meat balls.
I have shared so many Meatball Recipes in the blog like this Ground Chicken Breast with Mozzarella Cheese, Large Batch of Barbecued Meatballs and even Salmon Meatballs so you might want to check them out too.
This Scotch Eggs start with large amount of ground meat.I made a little variation from this recipe SO instead of using sausage meat, I used lean beef meat on this and I add the rest of the ingredients. I suggest that you precook the egg ahead of time, so that it will be cold to handle when you form the balls. Also the ingredients are very accessible that you are can easily make it in whim.
If I have my way, I will be posting all Filipino food in this blog like the Filipino Adobo, Bicol Express and Pinakbet but I can only post enough Filipino food, so I try to cook food fro different countries and make tweak them a little to adapt to my Filipino taste buds. SO BE INFORMED THAT THIS SCOTCH EGG has some of Filipino twist in it. So pardon me should I call it FILIPINO EGG?????
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ cup traditional bread crumbs
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic salt coarse ground with parsley flavor ( start with 2 teaspoons and fry small amount of the mixture and adjust taste to your liking) For me, 3 teaspoons was good enough.
- 6 oz red bell pepper,finely chopped
- 3 oz onion , finely chopped
- 7 large hard boiled eggs
- 3 cups Canola oil for deep frying
- Additional 2-3 cups traditional bread crumbs to coat formed scotch egg
- Boil 7 large eggs until hard. Set aside then peel.
- Pour the additional 3 cups Traditional Bread Crumbs on flat plate. Set aside.
- Combine ingredient 1-7 using hand.
- Divide mixture into 7 portions,form into oval shape and add hard boil egg in the middle.
- Gently form the meat mixture around the egg as evenly as possible. Half inch thickness of the ground meat was just good enough.
- Roll Scotch Egg to the prepare Traditional Bread Crumbs and deep fry until golden brown.
- Heat coking oil and fry Scotch Egg and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain extra oil with paper towel.