These are Chicken Legs, oven-baked, and cooked ’til tender, moist, and juicy. A homemade crust is rubbed on the legs and marinated overnight. So, so good.
Chicken Legs Oven Baked
When you go to your grocery stores, in the meat section, you can’t help but notice how cheap chicken legs are compared to chicken breast. The difference is staggering! It’s because the chicken legs are considered less healthy than chicken breast. To be honest, I don’t really care. All I know is that I love the moistness of the chicken legs and when they are baked in the oven, they always come out really juicy.
I love chicken thighs too… they are at the same level as my favorite the chicken leg.
Sure, there are several ways of cooking chicken leg. I made it into Filipino Adobo before but I like cooking chicken legs in the oven. The ease of just rubbing this homemade chicken leg rub, arranging them in the pan, and baking them just alleviate my mom’s stress.
HOW DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN LEGS?
- Put the chicken leg in a big bowl and drizzle in the homemade rub.
- Make sure to rub the spice under the skin and other crevices of the meat.
- Cover the bowl and marinate overnight.
- You can use zip loc instead of a bowl,too.
- When ready, line chicken legs in a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and bake the chicken.
- Bake the chicken legs for 40 minutes on one side and flip the chicken leg.
- And bake for 20 more minutes.
- To make sure, use a meat thermometer to test the doneness of the chicken.
WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD I COOK THE CHICKEN
Arrange chicken in a baking pan and bake at 350 F preheated oven.
HOW LONG TO BAKE THE CHICKEN LEG AT 350 F, 385 F, 400 F
Bake chicken legs until internal meat temperature reaches 165 F. You can bake the chicken until 185 F. This takes about 40 minutes on one side and 20 more minutes on the other side.
WHAT PART OF THE LEG SHOULD I POKE MY THERMOMETER?
Put /poke the thickest part of the leg – not touching the bone.
WHAT MEAT THERMOMETER TO USE?
A meat thermometer is important to make sure that the chicken leg is done. You can use any meat thermometer available in your store. You can even use the cheaper ones which are only about $2.00.
SHOULD I BAKE FROZEN CHICKEN OR THAW IT?
Place frozen chicken leg in a pan covered with foil. Spray nonstick oil and line chicken leg. Bake frozen chicken leg for about 60 minutes or when the internal temperature reaches 180 F.
Chicken Leg Rub Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons, Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons, Paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES:
CHICKEN LEGS OVEN BAKED
- Baking Pan
- Tin foil
CHICKEN RUB INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juice of 1 lemon
- 4.5 lbs chicken legs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
MARINATING THE CHICKEN LEGS
- Place chicken in a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover bowl and marinate the chicken legs overnight
- When the chicken are ready, preheat oven at 350 F.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat by poking the thickest part of the meat with the meat thermometer. Make sure that the thermometer is not touching the bones.
- The chicken leg is done when the internal meat temperature is at 165 F. This is about a total of 60 minutes of baking.
Shobelyn Dayrit says
Thank you! 🙂
I’ve made these twice and they are delicious!!