This Honey Garlic Chicken is moist, simple to make and the chicken is bursting with flavor. The homemade honey garlic marinade brought a sweet tangy chicken ever.
You guys, this chicken thigh kebab is smothered and marinated with this really saucy and smooth homemade honey garlic marinade. If I can, I will slurp it; but I prefer to use it to coat in a sliced chicken thigh, let it sit overnight to work its magic toward a tempting meal.
People, aka the family can’t stop raving about it. I felt like a star in my own right 🙂 So to gain another mom of the year praise, I made it twice in one week.
HOW TO SERVE IT WITH
- Serve it with rice
- Serve it with bread
- Serve it as appetizer for beers
- Or just eat it for snacking
- Add it on top for your salad
- Serve with flat bread
HOW TO SLICE THE CHICKEN MEAT
I am very partial of using chicken thigh in this because chicken thigh always yields a juicy and moist meat. You can use chicken breast too, but it can turn out really dry.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
HOW TO PREPARE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- Place all sesame oil, fish sauce, honey, chili sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup and garlic in a small bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients and add into the zip loc. Make sure that the sauce coats the chicken thigh and let sit in the fridge overnight.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- When the chicken are well marinated, thread the chicken in a metal skewer.
- Pre heat the grill at medium heat and grill the chicken until temp reaches to 165 which is about 3 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately on top of your salad and rice.
WHAT SKEWERS TO USE
- Bamboo Skewers- I am not a big fan of bamboo skewers as the tend to burn while grilling. But if you want to use bamboo skewers, submerge them in a water for two hours before threading the meat.
- Metal Skewer- I use this all the time, and I think is a very good investment. You just have to clean it with soap and water after each us and let it air dry.
FOR MORE QUICK AND EASY RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE FOR DINNER:
Honey Garlic Chicken
- bamboo skewers
- metal skewers
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs skinless chicken thigh cut into 1 inch chunks
- Combine oyster sauce, chili sauce, ketchup and garlic in a medium size bowl.
- Add the sliced chicken thigh and marinate overnight.
- After marinating overnight, thread chicken into metal skewers.
- Grill chicken in a medium heat griller until cook through.