Chinese Style Steamed Whole Fish- the fish Tilapia is drench with light soy sauce, cilantro, green onions and some sesame oil to achieve that Asian food aroma.
Hello, guys! Today, we are going Chinese cooking, although I put a little Filipino twist in it by adding a bit more of soy sauce and more cilantro and ginger. But really, you can’t go wrong with this steamed fish recipe. I have tried tweaking the ingredients still it tasted really delicious.
I’D SAY JUST SEASON THIS WHOLE STEAMED FISH ACCORDING TO YOUR LIKING.
In the Philippines, we were blessed with different varieties of fish and I tell yah, they are very fresh. Although we had Tilapia, I had not seen Pink Tilapia before, so when I saw this Pink Tilapia in Costco, I was really hesitant to try it because it can pass as a pet fish – but I tried it anyway.
As this is my first trying Pink Tilapia , I was having doubts with it; but after tasting this steamed fish, I actually liked it more than the dark ones. I like it, because it doesn’t have a sandy texture.
What’s more special with this dish is that it doesn’t have that overpowering fishy smell and flavor – and the spices made it so. Talking about cilantro, ginger, green onions, sesame oil and soy sauce.
How do you make this Chinese Steamed Whole Fish Tilapia?
- This meal is really easy to make. I think the only consideration here is the steamer size you have available. Pink Tilapia tend to be large, so I have to use my large steamer to steam it.
- You have to prepare and saute’ the spices separately.
- The let the cooking oil simmer before pouring on top of the fish.
- You can use any fish that’s in season but my favorite is this Pink Tilapia.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS STEAMING WHOLE FISH?
Lots of ginger
Chinese Style Steamed Whole Fish Tilapia with Cilantro, green onions
- Fill steamer with 20 cups of water and let boil. Spray tin foil with non stick oil.
- Clean the Tilapia and rub salt and pepper around it.
- Fill the opening with tomato and wrap the fish with foil.
- Steam the Tilapia for 45 minutes and remove from the steamer.
- When the Tilapia's ready heat the sesame oil on low. Arrange green onion and cilantro on top of Tilapia.
- Saute' ginger until brown and remove from the oil and put on top of the Tilapia.
- Saute' the onion remove from the oil and put on top of Tilapia.
- While the oil is hot add in the soy sauce and our mixture on the Tilapia.
- Serve hot.
- This is a meal that based mainly on how you prefer the taste to be; so feel free to add the ingredients according to your liking.