MINI KEY LIME PIE RECIPE- Made with Graham Cracker Crust, and a hint of key lime juice and topped with homemade whipped cream, this Mini Key Lime Pie recipe will surely be in your recipe box. You'll be making it over and over again, and doesn't fail to please the crowd.
Key lime pie has been on my " to do" pie list for quite sometime, now. Why I did not do it yet, I am not sure; but today, I am finally sharing it with you all. Now I am introducing this Key lime pie in mini form. With it, the tangy lime juice filling mixed condensed milk and decorated with thick homemade whipped cream, and sprinkled with lime zest. It is so good. You need to control yourself from coming back for that 3rd serving.
WHAT I LOVE THIS MINI KEY LIME RECIPE
It yields an attractive and cute pies.
Easy to follow.
Homemade Buttery Graham crust which is made only for 10 minutes or less
Very simple ingredients - chances are they are already in you pantry
Homemade whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS MINI PIES?
Make your own Graham Cracker Crust: use food processor to crush the graham crackers. If you don't have food processor, you can use a zip loc. Put the crackers in the zip loc and crush the cracker using a rolling pin.
Pre Bake the crust : Bake it in a preheated oven until sides is mildly toasted. Remove the pan and let it cool.
Make the Filling: Mix together these ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk
BAKE THE PIE: Bake this mini key lime pie does't take a long time. It usually take about 10 minutes to bake them.
GARNISH: I use my homemade whipped cream to decorate my key lime pie and garnish it with lemon zest.
Made with Graham Cracker Crust, and a hint of key lime juice and topped with homemade whipped cream, this Mini Key Lime Pie recipe will surely be in your recipe box.
FOR THE PIE CRUST:
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter,* melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Lime juice
WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add graham crackers in a processor and process in high until the graham crackers is all crashed and fine. Add in butter and sugar and process again.
- If you don’t have a processor, place graham cracker in a large zip loc and using a rolling pin, crush the crackers as finely as you can.
- Add the butter and sugar, and mix until the Graham is coated with the butter.
- Divide crust into a standard size muffin pan. I start with 1 tablespoons first, and them just keep on adding crust into the cupcake liner.
- Bake crust until sides is toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and let cool.
NOW PREPARE THE FILLING:
- Place condensed milk,lemon juice and sour cream in a medium size bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Scoop out mixture and put into the muffin pan lined with cupcake liner. Start with 2 tablespoons first and add the distribute the rest into each muffin hole.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake out from the oven and let cool.
You can now add and decorate with the whipping cream
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- Beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until frothy. Add in the sugar in 3 intervals and mix until stiff peaks.
- Bag the whipped cream and use your favorite tip.
You can add a small amount of green color too,if you want.
- Category: DESSERT
- Method: BAKING
- Cuisine: AMERICAN