These Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs took only six minutes and were perfect for my pickled eggs recipe. You can also check out my How to Cook Perfect Egg in the Instant post for tips. How to Cooked Halloween Deviled Egg.
How to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot?
- Prepare the large egg and place them in the trivet.
- Put the rack inside the inner pot and add two and a half cups of water.
- Cover the IP with the pressure cooker lid and push the button twice to set the temperature to LO.
- Set the timer to six minutes. There will be a beep to start the six-minute pressure cooking.
- When done, don’t release pressure, but set your phone timer to three minutes. After three minutes, release the tension and remove the eggs from the inner pot.
Here’s an Infographic on Instant Pot Egg Cooking Times
Instant Pot Egg Setting
Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker that offers various cooking functions and settings, including options for cooking eggs. The specific egg settings may vary depending on the model of Instant Pot you have, but here are some common egg-related settings you might find:
- Manual/Pressure Cook: This setting allows you to set the cooking time manually and the pressure level for cooking eggs. It gives you full control over the cooking process, allowing you to experiment with different cooking times and pressure levels to achieve your desired results.
- Egg: Some Instant Pot models have a dedicated “Egg” button or preset designed for cooking eggs. This setting usually provides pre-programmed cooking times and pressure levels optimized for cooking eggs. It simplifies the process by automatically adjusting the cooking parameters for consistent results.
- Egg Rack/Trivet: The Instant Pot often has an egg rack or trivet accessory. This allows you to place the eggs above the water. Placing the eggs on the rack or trivet prevents them from touching the bottom of the pot and helps to ensure even cooking.
- Soft, Medium, Hard: Some Instant Pot models offer specific settings for cooking eggs to different levels of doneness, such as soft-boiled, medium-boiled, or hard-boiled. These settings adjust the cooking time accordingly to achieve the desired consistency of the egg yolks.
- Delay Start: The Instant Pot may have a delay button setting that allows the timer for the cooking process to begin at a later time. This can be useful if you want to have perfectly cooked eggs ready for breakfast or any other specific time.
It’s important to consult your specific Instant Pot model’s user manual for precise instructions and information on the available egg settings, as they vary between models.
In this post, I used my Instant Pot Duo Crips appliance. Each Instant Model functions differently, so check your manual. Also, you can check out my Beginners Guide on how to use Instant Pot Duo Crisp for guidance.
For more Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs
- instant pot duo crisp plus air fryer
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups wate
- Place the inner pot in the Instant Pot base and place the steam rack in the middle. Pour in two and a half cups of water and place the egg on the steam rack. Cover the Instant Pot with the pressure cooker lid.
- Push the pressure cooker button and push the button twice to it to LO Set the Instant Pot time to 6 minutes. Note that the Instant pot will build pressure and you will hear a beep that the six-minute duration has started.
- When it's done, there will be another beep. Don't release the pressure, but instead set your phone timer to three minutes. When the phone timer is up, push the release button and pressure will be released. The floating button will go down and you can open the pressure cooker lid. Transfer the egg to the ice bath and let the egg sit there for three minutes.