Here is a quick meal that you can toss. It is an easy homemade pizza; so easy, you will not notice that you are cooking for dinner. For this pizza recipe, I used one tube of Pillsbury Biscuit and I used the left-over pasta sauce from High Protein Pasta Sauce post .
I had a lot of left over pasta sauce from the Healthy Protein Pasta post, so I used it for these easy dinner meal. Today, I am making a homemade pizza. Since it is a different type kind of pizza, we will call it a Bubble Pizza.
Whenever I make spaghetti, I make sure that I make a big batch of the sauce so that I will have an excuse to cook this easy meal. I have cooked this Bubble Pizza often, that this meal has become my family’s favorite.
Before I will share the recipe, here is what happened to the Cinnamon Pretzels. My son’s friends were here and they ate these Cinnamon Pretzels like there is no tomorrow. Ahhhh, everything is good with Nutella in it. Try these Nutella Cookie if you fancy it.
My husband brings it to work as lunch and my son never stops raving about it. He always request for it. It is very easy to prepare as well. I have to warn you that this is a large quantity recipe , so expect some left-overs to eat the next day. I hope you will like it as much as we do. Please check this other sauce recipe that is perfect for this meal too: Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce.
- 1 tube original flavor Biscuits ( please use original flavor because other flavors will not taste as good.
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 medium sized carrots chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 pieces dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can 14.5 oz Diced Basil Oregano and Garlic
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce in any brand
- 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
- Velveeta Cheddar cheese to garnish optional
- Handful of Basil Leaves for garnish optional
- In a large cooking pan, heat the oil.Add in the ground beef and let it cook until it is not pink or it is cook through.Let it simmer for 2 minutes and add in the sauces and the can of DICED Basil, Oregano, Garlic.Let the sauce mixture simmer for 15 more minutes.Add in chopped onion, garlic and carrot and simmer for 5 minutes.
TO ASSEMBLE THE BUBBLE PIZZA:
- Open the tube and separate the biscuits. Line them in a baking dish and top it with half of the high protein sauce and freeze the leftover for next use. Do not fill the pan with the sauce because the biscuit will expand and you do not want sauces spilling . Add in the Velveeta cheese if using, and bake until the pizza is expanded. Around 40 to 45 minutes.