This Greek Chicken Kebab with Tzatziki Sauce recipe is to die for. Make it for your meal prep or for quick and healthy dinner. The chicken was marinated with mixture of various spices Olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, basil, and garlic. The chicken is very tender and juicy.
For more easy meals:
Hey, guys! Here is another meal prep for the week. I made this on Saturday and spent half day grilling 6 lbs of chicken and I roasted zucchini. I really have to do this. You know the cooking in batch thing for meal prep because if I don’t, we’ll end up having take out and ruin our budget. As you know, we are trying to limit our budget to $90.00 per week. Although we sometimes don’t stick to the budget, meal prepping really makes it more possible to stay on our budget track.
So this kebab.
I am all for a quick, easy and delicious meal. And this Greek Chicken Kebab with Tzatziki Sauce just fits the bill. This chicken kebab is marinade overnight with lemon, spices, olive oil. So, so good. Plus it’s so easy to make.
I also made this Tzatziki Sauce make this extra delicious and please the crowd.
Greek Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
I made the marinade using some ingredients in my pantry, so pretty much I just spent it on the chicken meat. Seriously so easy just mix the ingredients.
- 2 lemons and zest the skin
- olive oil
- Various spices: dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
How Do You Cut the Chicken:
- Cutting the chicken meat in bite-size pieces is ideal, but make sure that you will cut it thin enough to be cooked thoroughly.
How long do you cook your chicken meat:
- Cook the chicken on a pre-heated grill in a medium setting.
- Thread the chicken and make sure there’s enough space between them.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side, making sure chicken is cooked through.
More Chicken Thigh Recipe:
- Teriyaki Chicken Thigh
- For more Homemade Sauce Recipe:
FOR MORE CHEAP AND BUDGET-FRIENDLY MEALS:
Greek Chicken Kebobs with Tzatziki Sauce
- metal skewers
- bamboo skewers
- 1 gallon zip loc
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons lemon zest zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast slice in bite sized cubes
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, shallot, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Stir in chicken until well combined; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.