A simple no churn, no machine needed Mango Ice Cream made of three (3) ingredients . Not icy ice cream, and a mango ice cream made from scratch.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I always frequent this ice cream place in the Cebu. It was called Ice Castle. They sell so many varieties of ice cream and halo halo in pastel colors and various flavors. Aside from going to this mall to cool down and hang out, I am all there to eat their ice cream- specially the mango flavor. It was creamy, not icy and not too sweet, so I loved it so much.
Here in the US, they sell mango ice cream but I find the taste not at par to the one I had in PI, so I made something almost similar. Everyone in my household love it.
When I made this, I made also the Mango Supreme Cake to use up the leftover mango; so you can making that one too.
Heavy whipping cream: this is a complete base of your ice cream. Beating it into stiff peaks will give your ice cream a creamy texture and not icy.
Condensed Milk: It gives the ice cream sweetness.
Mango Flavor: this adds flavor to the ice cream
Food color: completely optional, but highly recommended.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS:
Freezing the ingredients and the bowl: This is important to add volume. Pour the heavy whipping cream in the mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks.
Add the condensed milk, food color and and beat again until still peaks.
Add the mango for more flavor and food color and pour into a mold of your choice.
Freeze overnight and set in the counter to soften when ready to eat.
Mango Ice Cream
- 1 can 14 fl oz condensed milk
- 1 pint 16 fl oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons mango flavor
- 4 ripe mango slice into cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow food color
- Puree 1 mango in a blender and set aside.
- Place your equipment/ingredient in the fridge to cool.
- Pour heavy whipping cream in the bowl and mix using an electric mixer until stiff peaks.
- Add in the pureed mango, condensed milk, food color and mango flavor and beat until a stiff peaks will form. Add half of the mango in the mixer and mix gently using a spatula.
- Add the cream mixture in a mold and arrange the remaining mango on top.
- Cover with plastic and freeze overnight.
- Let sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...