Simple, easy Crab Cake Recipe you can follow. There is no Panko bread crumbs added, no mayonnaise: just egg, carrots and more. Plus imitation crab to round up the ingredients.
For More Budget Friendly Recipe:
15 plus Filipino Meals You can Make
I have been using this Simple Crab Cake Recipe for awhile now, but haven’t got around of making a blog post on it. But this weekend I decide this recipe or meal to be one in my first meal prep post in the blog.
Last year, I bought a whole big bag of imitation crab in my one of the store here. I used a part of it for the sushi I made, I still got a whole amount. Good thing imitation crab are freeze able, so I just portion it in a zip-loc and use it whenever.
I think imitation crab is perfect for this recipe. This is such a simple recipe you can use using the ingredients you may have at home. You can add anything you want. In my case, I had carrots, egg, bell pepper, onions and green onions that are about to stale, so I used them all here. This is indeed simple.
Crab Cake Ingredients:
Imitation Crab and Cooked Crabs: Shred crab meat into strips and process or shopped into tiny pieces.
Anything you got in the fridge: carrots, red onion, green onion, bell pepper, spinach, cabbage, etc. This is a very versatile recipe, so you can use any veggies you have in he fridge that’s about to stale.
Egg and Cornstarch: This will serve as the binding power of this meal; so that the cake will not fall apart when you flip it while frying
What Sauce Can I use?
You can use any sauce you like: Ketchup, tartar sauce, mayonnaise? You name it.
Simple Crab Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Imitation Crab you can use cooked left over crab too
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/8 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt optional (the crab meat is salty already, so adjust according to your liking)
- In a medium sized bowl, mixed all of the ingredients until incrporated.
- Add in the cornstarch and mix until no lumps.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and add in 2 tablespoons of the mixture and fry until golden brown in both sides.
Leave a Reply