This Ube Ice Cream is bright, bursting, and purple that is delicious with Ube Flavor. The incredible thing is that you can make it without an Ice Cream maker.
You need condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and Ube extract to make Ube Ice Cream. You will get a soft, sweet dessert and creamy Ice cream that you will love.
When one is away from the comforts of home, one tends to get creative and resourceful. In my case, I learned to make Filipino food using the ingredients available to me. When I was in PI, it never crossed my mind that one day I will learn to cook Pandesal and Ensaymada on my own. I also made Ube Roll cake and not to mention all those savory meals we tend to take for granted as they are readily available in our restaurants.
And this Ube Ice Cream… I now make them too.
I know. The ideal deal is that I will add young coconut and Ube Halaya in this recipe; but Kabayan, give me some slack… I used Ube extract in this… and it tasted just the same as the store-bought ones. Yup, there was no Ube Halaya and young coconut added.
There had been a lot of questions too about Ube powder. I’ve used that for an Ube cake before and it did not add any flavor at all. So I skipped that too.
HOW DO YOU MAKE UBE ICE CREAM WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM MACHINE?
There is no machine needed for this recipe. You just need an electric mixer to mix the ingredients until stiff peaks. If you don’t have an electric machine, you can use a whisk to mix it, but that will be a lot of work and surely will hurt your arm. SO I say invest in a cheap handheld mixer so that you can make this Buko Pandan Ice Cream and Avocado ice cream and some other recipes here on the blog which use electric mixers.
For more No Churn, No Machine Ice Cream you can make:
Ube Ice Cream
There is no Ube Halaya needed for this Ube Ice cream recipe. You just need Ube extract, condense milk and heavy whipping cream.
- 1 can 14 fl oz condensed milk
- 1 pint 16 fl oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons Ube Extract I use Mc Cormick
- Refrigerate all the equipment needed. Make sure the ingredients are cold too. Use a glass bowl or tin bowl. Make sure the bowls are not greasy. Don't use plastic bowl to mix the ingredients. It will not form the stiff peaks.
- Place the heavy whipping cream in the bowl and mix on high until stiff peak.
- Add in the condensed milk and mix again until stiff peaks.
- Add the extract flavor and gently mix until there are no white streaks.
- Transfer into a baking pan and cover with plastic and freeze until set.