Pancit Bihon is made of rice stick noodles which you can readily purchase in Asian store near you. Just look for the word BIHON written on the pack and you are good to go. I don't recommend using other rice stick noodles because they tend to be soggy.
Other ingredients that you need for making Pancit Bihon is soy sauce, salt, garlic and onion powder and you can add your favorite veggies in it, and you can opt to add meat or shrimp. Your choice.
Making Bihon is a very easy feat, pretty much you just saute the meat and cook it until tender and add water or broth to tenderized your meat. But the main thing here to be vigilant about the noodles. You don't want it to be soggy. You don't want to be eating a piece of blob.So make sure to read the noodle instructions.
Pancit Bihon is something special in Filipino cooking. It is often serve on birthdays to wish the celebrant long life and good health. So in your next birthday, serve Pancit Bihon.
- 5 cloves garlic,chopped
- 1 medium size onion,chopped
- ..606 lbs carrots (1 piece 5 " length)
- ½ of bell pepper
- .366 lbs cabbage leaves (5 pieces leaves)
- 2.148 lbs pork meat (chicken breast,chicken thigh or chicken drumstick chopped)
- 2 pack 8 oz Rice Stick Noodles (Bihon)
- 8 cups water
- ½ to 1 cup soy sauce ( start with less then add more if needed)
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste as desired
- Heat cooking oil and saute' garlic until lightly brown.
- Add in onion and cook until transparent.
- Add meat and cook until it changes color and soft.
- Add the soy sauce and let cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add water or broth
- Let simmer and add first the Rice Stick Noodles let cook until noodles is soft and mix with the veggies gently mix until the water dries out. REMOVE THE PAN FROM HEAT.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK THE NOODLES AS IT WILL BECOME SOGGY. USUALLY, WHEN THE NOODLES ARE MIX TOGETHER, AND THE WATER DRIES, REMOVE IT FROM THE HEAT AND TRANSFER TO THE SERVING CONTAINER.