Rice and Beans Instant Pot. Making rice can’t get any faster, quicker than this! Rice with some seasoning and beans added can be delicious and perfect with any side dish.
For more recipes Instant Pot rice recipes:
Rice and Beans Instant Pot
I eat a lot of rice daily and have come up with some recipes cooked in the Instant Pot- as you can see above. This recipe is one of those rice recipes that has become a favorite. This is very simple to make, and ingredients are to come by; they can be in your pantry.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beans and Rice:
- Jasmine Rice- Jasmine is my favorite brand, but you can use any white rice brand you want.
- Water-as a rule, I add 1 1/4 cups of water for every cup of rice.
- Sesame oil- I use Roasted Sesame Oil. This will add flavor and aroma to the rice.
- Garlic, Onion, and Garlic powder- simple, yet add so much flavor to the rice.
How do you make it?
- Skip rinsing the rice-this is your choice, but I rarely wash and rinse my rice before cooking. But if you choose to do so, ensure the water is drained.
- Put the rice in the inner pot and add the water. Put the inner pot in the base.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set the pressure to HI. Push the timer to seven minutes.
- Quick release when done.
How do you Store
If you have leftovers, you can store them in a container and put them in the fridge. This is good for five days.
You can also freeze rice.
You can put it in the container and freeze it directly. If you are ready to consume it, let it thaw on the counter and heat it in the microwave oven for three minutes.
Tips to help you achieve excellent results:
- Rinse the rice and beans: Before cooking, it’s advisable to rinse the rice and beans under cold water to remove any excess starch or debris. This will help prevent them from becoming too sticky or clumpy.
- Ensure that the liquid is completely drained by using a filter.
- Proper water-to-rice ratio: A general rule is to use a 1:1.25 ratio of water to rice for white rice. However, depending on your preference and the type of rice you’re using, you can adjust the water slightly. For example, you can use a 1:1.50 water ratio to rice if you prefer softer rice.
- Cooking time: Set the Instant Pot to the appropriate cooking time for the rice and beans you use. A manual cooking time of seven minutes at high pressure should be sufficient for white rice.
- Quick Release: After the instant pot is done cooking, quick release. This helps the rice and beans to finish cooking and prevents them from becoming mushy.
- Fluff and rest: Once the pressure has been fully released, open the Instant Pot and fluff the rice gently with a fork. This will separate the grains and give you light and fluffy rice.
Remember, these are general tips, and the cooking times may vary based on the specific rice and beans you use. It’s always a good idea to consult the user manual that came with your Instant Pot for any detailed instructions or adjustments. Enjoy your perfectly cooked rice and beans!
Rice and Beans Instant Pot
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer
- Pressure cooker Lid
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 can 15.5 oz Red Kidney Beans
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Roasted sesame oil
- Drain the water from the beans with a strainer. Set aside.
- Skip rinsing the rice-this is your choice, but I rarely wash and rinse my rice before cooking. If you choose to do so, ensure the water is drained.
- Put the rice in the inner pot and add the water, roasted sesame oil, garlic, and onion powder. Add the drained beans.
- Put the inner pot in the base. Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set the pressure to HI. Push the timer to seven minutes. Quick release when done.