This Shrimp and Crispy Ginger is a crowd favorite. Too easy to make in such a tasty meal – Shrimp and Ginger together in one meal. Two of my favorites blended together, I cannot ask for more. This Shrimp and Crispy Ginger is a must in your recipe file because this right here is phenomenal and it only take 20-30 minutes to make and this is a meal that wows! Even my 11 year old loved it.
In my last Shrimp post: Salt and Pepper Shrimp with Leeks, I had mentioned that my first job was peeling shrimp and how I loved it in spite of smelling awful afterwards, but now, I feel so lucky that I am working in a place wherein it is not only a job for me but a mission and a profession. For me, there is a great difference between job and profession; a job is something that I have to be there because I get paid doing it;but a profession is something that even if I do not get paid, I will still wake up and go to work. And it looks like I just found it here in my current job. Every time I come home from work, I pat myself at the shoulder for a job well done and for being patient no matter what the the situation is and for being calm under pressure. I feel so lucky right now because I kissed so many “ugly frogs before I got my prince.” In my post Marinated and Grilled Salmon, I mentioned my struggle of working the job I hated. And in my Meatloaf post, I talked about how I got in this point in life. I feel grateful and fortunate that I get to serve people and I am able to give my sick patients hope everyday.
But today, Sunday, I am serving you through this recipe because I am just sure that this will seriously leave a smile on your face… IT IS THAT GOOD… of course you are going to love this if you are a shrimp lover and ginger lover ( I have a post about my ginger affinity and how I just suck the life out of it here) like me. But if you have a love,hate relationship with ginger, do not fret because in this meal,the spiciness of the ginger do not overrule at all. The star is the jumbo shrimp. There is also Five Spice thrown in it to bring out the taste of the Bean Sprout and the sweetness of the shrimp. And the crunch from the carrots, now you just got your Vitamin A thrown in this meal too. The hint of ginger and the sweetness of a fresh shrimp and the combo of all the other ingredients, I say PERFECTION AND EPIC TASTE! And not to mention, your house will smell so good… just like ginger !
Shrimp with Crispy Ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger root peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots around 4 inches will result half cup diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts 1 handful
- 1 pound jumbo Raw Shrimp with shells removed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place Raw Shrimp in a deep bowl and add in the Chinese Five Spice, Tomato Paste and Soy Sauce.Using a spoon or your hand,mix the Shrimp ingredients together until shrimp is thoroughly coated with the spices. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add in ginger. Fry ginger until golden brown or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the ginger from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.Add the onions and the carrots and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add the peas and bean sprouts and stir fry for 2 minutes.Add in the shrimp and stir fry until shrimps are cooked through. Serve hot.