Hey guys, happy Sunday! Today, I am sharing with you this Shumai Recipe. Shumai is a Chinese style snack made of simple ingredients like carrots, onion and the main ingredient is ground pork. I happened to have of these ingredients when I was trying to clean up my fridge to replenish it with new “stuff” for the next week, so I made this . It is so simple to make, and too delicious to resist. Also, PLEASE SPRAY YOUR STEAMER WITH NON STICK OIL so that the Shumai will not stick. My cousin forgot to spray them and she described her Shumai as “fail” because the wrapper stuck to the steamer.
You can also try making this Pancit Recipe to complete your snack round up.
HOW TO MAKE SHUMAI
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- 1 tablespoons toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 piece 6 inch carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 of large onion chopped
- 1 cup or more spinach, steamed, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- SPRAY STEAMER WITH NON STICK SPRAY
- Make the filling: Mix all of the ingredients and mix with your hand or a spoon.
- Form the dumplings: Put all of the filling ingredients in the middle of the wonton wrapper and push the edges with your thumb (AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO) and press the top. Do the same to the rest of the filling.
- STEAM DUMPLINGS FOR 20-30 MINUTES AND ENJOY.