This soft and easy milk bread loaf is the kind of bread you can make all the time. If you are a first time baker, you can use this full proof easy to follow milk bread recipe that yields a soft bread every single time.
Hey, guys! Today, I will be sharing with you this soft and easy milk bread loaf recipe. I love this recipe so much that I made it in 2 consecutive weeks, and each time, it gives a consistent delicious bread. And since I ran out of bread for tomorrow, I am making it again tonight.
THIS SOFT AND EASY MILK BREAD LOAF IS CERTAINLY GOING TO BE IN MY RECIPE BOX.
There are many moms who claims that baking your own bread is cheaper and can save you a lot of money. I did not actually check if it baking your own bread does get you extra cash on your pocket, but I believe them.
Nonetheless, I like making my own bread for the feeling of accomplishments and success and I want you to feel the same way too, and not get intimidated at all.
By following the ingredients to a T and checking the video, I think you are good to go and succeed with this.
TIPS TO MAKE SUCCESSFUL MILK BREAD LOAF?
- First make sure that you are using active dry yeast. NOT INSTANT YEAST. If you have to mix the yeast with water, that is the active yeast and proof it.
- Mix the yeast with warm water. and let it bubble for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure that you have non expired yeast. You can test your yeast by mixing it with water and if doesn’t bubble within 5 minutes, it is expired.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place.
SO LET’S MAKE THIS!!!
SOFT AND EASY MILK BREAD LOAF
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp oil to coat hands when kneading
- tablespoon of flour the table
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Line loaf pan 7.5 x 3. 5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Don't grease and no grease pan.
- Microwave the milk until warm. Start with 30 seconds and if still cold, microwave for another 15 seconds. MAKE SURE MILK IS JUST WARM TO THE TOUCH. HOT MILK KILLS THE YEAST.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of Active Dry yeast. ( not instant yeast. there's a difference between the two)
- Mix and let the mixture sit until bubbles form.
- In a medium size bowl, add in the flour, salt and sugar. Make hole in the middle of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture and mix until there is a lump forms, then add in the egg and butter.
- Mix until a soft and smooth dough forms. Continue kneading until dough doesn't stick on the bowl.
- Form dough into a ball and transfer to an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit in a warm place until double in size. This is about an hour.
- When dough is ready, remove dough from the bowl and let the air out but pushing the dough down to form a rectangle.
- Divide the dough into two. And set aside the other half of the dough, cover it while working on the other half.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin, shaping it into a triangle, and divide dough into three.
- Fold each end and form into a log. PLEASE REFER TO THE VIDEO.
- Arrange dough into the loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Make sure there is about 1/2 inch distance between loaves. Let the dough double in size for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven at 350 F and brush dough with egg wash.
- Bake dough in a pre heated oven until golden brown on top. About 20 minutes or top is golden brown.
- Remove milk bread from the oven and remove parchment paper.