PANDESAL RECIPE is always a demand in the blog. Today, I am making Pndesal which is famous Filipino bread. It is coated with bread crumbs and it has an airy texture. It is tough in the outside and soft inside.
I made another blog!!!! This time I wanted it to be all Filipino food focused and I want to make some video in it. I called it KAINANG PINOY. Please visit me there.
Lately, I have been tinkering my camera and I became so curious about making videos and I actually love doing it. So I made some videos and they are very amateurish, yet I hope I can get better doing it. Here is the video of my Pandesal recipe. I tinkered the procedure for this recipe, since I thought the first Pandesal procedure I made previously was way too complicated. Whatever procedure you use, the taste is the same- SUPER DELICIOUS PANDESAL.
- 4 cups all purpose flour plus ½ cup to sprinkle on the table
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pack rapid rise yeast (1 sachet is 2¼ tsp)
- 1 egg,
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup milk (fresh)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon oil to grease the dough bowl
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs for coating
- Place the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl, mix completely and make a well in the middle. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, water, oil and milk . Pour liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix using a whisk until combine and transfer to the electric mixer bowl and mix using the electric mixer until it will have a smooth dough. DON'T OVERMIX.
- Continue mixing until you will get a soft,fluffy dough. AROUND 6-10 MIXER ROTATION.
- This will be a gooey dough but it is how it should be.
- When the dough is ready, coat your hands with flour so that the dough will not stick onto your hand and form it into the ball and transfer the dough into a greased bowl. Let the dough sit and rise in the warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, transfer the dough in a gently floured surface form into a log. Using your hand, cut/pull the dough and form into a ball and place it in the baking pan.Take one piece and press down with palm, then use your fingers to gather into a ball, flip (so smooth side is up) then roll the dough briefly to form a ball. (WATCH VIDEO)
- Arrange the dough 1" between them.
- Cover and let the dough seat/rise covered for another hour.
- When ready, Preheat oven at 325 F and bake the Pandesal for 20 minutes.
- Then turn broil on high and broil the Pandesal for 5 minutes to get the brownish color on top.