BROILED MACKEREL RECIPE. Calling all Mackerel or fish lovers out there! Today, I am sharing with yah this Broiled Mackerel, which is super simple to make and as you know very healthy as well. So for those you who are asking if you can cook Mackerel in the oven; YES. YOU CAN COOK MACKEREL IN THE OVEN… I BROILED MY MACKEREL AND IT TASTED JUST LIKE I GRILLED IT.
Two weeks ago, we went to Portland and had lunch in a Korean restaurant. We had grilled Mackerel as our appetizer and my husband and I cannot get enough of it… and mind you, each piece of Mackerel was $ 2.00 !! WTH!
So I bought Mackerel in the Asian store for $2.00 /pound so HERE IT IS! A MACKEREL WHICH WAS COOKED IN THE OVEN…WOHOOOO!
After making the Spanish Sardines, I thought I am going to stock loads of Mackerel in the fridge, so whenever I crave it, it is there ready to be prepared; so here it is another Mackerel recipe.
Really. This Broiled Mackerel is super fast to make.
How long do you cook Mackerel in the oven? FOR ME, IT ONLY 10 minutes on each side.
And you just need salt and pepper to season it…
AND WHEN YOU BROIL IN IT, NATURAL FISH OIL ARE JUST POPPING AND SIZZLES… Just wow and super delicious too…
SO be kind to your heart and try making this… you will surely love it.
Serve this Mackerel with:
- Rice cooker and brown rice recipe
- Leftover Ham Fried Rice with Mixed Frozen Veggies
- One Pot Chicken Thigh and Rice Casserole
BROILED MACKEREL RECIPE
- 2.2 lbs Mackerel. washed and innards removed
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black ground pepper
- Place oven rack on the second level of the oven and turn it on to broil on high.
- Season Mackerel with salt and pepper.
- Line Mackerel on the pan lined with a cooling rack.
- Broil Mackerel for 10 minutes on each side.