If you have a newfound appreciation for non fuzzy salad dressing, why don't you try this Egg Yolk Vinaigrette and hold me accountable if I'm lying. You can whip this dressing in less than 15 minutes. The good thing about this dressing is that the ingredients are readily found in your fridge. Egg yolk, and mustard that is.
And if you are looking for structure, crunch and tangy-ness, add this dressing in a blanched or grilled asparagus, and this dressing will perfectly blend right in. And if you think that the salad photos looks amazing, wait 'til you taste it. It has a gentle sourness from the vinegar and gentle tang from the mustard.
And oh, these photos, I just have to include this here. Aren't they pretty?
This is a salad dressing that is versatile in so many ways. It will go perfectly with arangula, spinach or any salad greens you fancy. You can store this dressing for 3 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
Check out these other salad recipe: Tangerine and Watercress Salad, High Protein Salad with Basil and Tomatoes, Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Salad. This recipe was adapted from Pol Martin's Supreme Cuisine.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- few drops of lemon juice (optional)
- salt an pepper (optional)
- Place egg yolk in a bowl. Add mustard and mix. Add parsley,shallot and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; mix well with whisk. Add oil in think stream,mixing constantly with whisk . Add lemon juice if desired and correct seasoning with salt or pepper. The vinaigrette should be thick.
- NOTE: This will last for 3 days in the fridge.