I want to do something different today’ I want to talk about kindness… so please take a little bit of time to scroll down the page as these insights really helped me a lot and I am hoping it would help you out too…
Kindness – the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate, kind act. Are you kind today? Did you surprise somebody with random act of kindness? I hope so. Kindness, is usually associated with a deliberate form of doing good for others. Whether you help somebody carry groceries, or even watch you friends’ children for an hour or, simply saying please and thank you. Often kindness will brighten other people’s days and heart. But today, let’s not talk about doing kindness to others. How about let’ s talk about you and me. Let’s talk about being kind to ourselves. I want to ask you. Have you been kind to yourself? Maybe you do not think about that because usually, we come last in our priorities… how much more extend good acts to ourselves. As for myself, I had been battling about what I call “perfectionitis.” I just called it this because this is what I was 2-3 years ago. Everything had to be perfect. Everything had to be planned out or I will be off balance in my daily routine and my day is a mess. It was a terrible way to live I tell you.
By God’s intervention, I found somebody, a therapist, in this matter to help me free myself from utter mental destruction. He taught me to GIVE MYSELF SOME KINDNESS, to accept that I am human (see, how arrogant I was), and not beat myself up when I make mistakes. I was totally nitpicking about little things about my life. And that was very terrible and saddest lifestyle. Although being a Christian and seeing a therapist was not a greatest scenario, I learned so many things from those sessions. One of the things I learned from those sessions was on how to be kind to myself. I compiled the collection of my How to be Kind to Yourself list and I was amazed I did not know these things when they were just common sense – so street smarts…etc … Anyway, I really hope that you will be helped by them. 5 KIND THINGS I DO FOR MYSELF:
- Don’t not be Ms. or Mr. perfect. Accept that you are not perfect and that as human, alive and kicking, you will make mistakes. The Bible even affirm this in Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
- Accept Life. Realize, accept and tell yourself that Life is a phase. You may be a slow learner in life but each and every moment happens for a reason. And that this time, is the perfect time to learn things. Stop comparing yourself to other people and how greatly they are running their lives while you suck. Just let these people pass around you for now and eventually, you will also get there. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 ” There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens …”
3. Do not Judge. Don’t be too judgmental to yourself. In my case, I was really good in understanding other people’s faults but when it comes to me, I was so judgmental. Most of the time, I gave others the benefit of a doubt while I was so critical of myself. 4. Meditation or Prayer. How about you sit down and meditate. For me, there is a difference between prayer and meditation. Prayer is when I talk, thank, confess and a thank God. But for meditation, I just keep quiet and listen to my breathing. Inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. Time yourself for 5 minutes to listen to that breathing. When you lose focus, snap yourself back to it. This is one of the greatest form of kindness I have given to myself. You will feel light, joyful and happy. It helped me so much. I set aside 10 minutes doing this. I promise you, it works. Meditation applies to both spiritual and non spiritual person so please give it a try. 5.Strive to do the right thing and live your beliefs; because once you do things that you do not believe in, subconsciously and consciously, you will turn into a sack of load. As for myself, I have the Bible as my belief and guide. So I much as possible, I follow them . Of course, there are times that I’d rather do my own thing and when I do, then is when turmoil comes and it’s not a very good feeling. So know your beliefs and do them. I have this favorite Bible verse that is tuck deeply in my mind and heart and this is from Matthew 6:33 and it says:“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Guys, I was really embarrassed to share with you these personal thoughts because this is suppose to be a food blog after all. But when I was young and when I was still living when my parents, life lesson and wisdom were learned at the dinner table. With all the foods in front of us, my mom told us, “Life is what you make it, or you are the captain of your ship and the master of your soul.” Boy,I was annnoyed and I was judgmental to my parents. I thought they were so corny and self-righteous; but I was wrong. I realized they were right all the time. So I am hoping that in this food blog, we will share wisdom and knowledge in spite of this delicious food in front of us…in this instance, THIS PORK STUFF EGGPLANT… Enjoy it and I hope that you do not think I am self-righteous and corny 🙂 WEIGHT WATCHER’S POINTS : Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1• Old Points: 8• Points+:7 • Calories :371• Fat: 11.1g • Protein:5.8 g • Carb: 31.1g • g
Pork Stuff Eggplant Boats
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cut out cooked pork see note below
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 can 16 oz whole tomatoes do not discard liquid
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut eggplant in half and remove the inner meat from the shells and chop the meat into small pieces. Reserve the shells and spray the outer skin with non stick oil, set aside.
- Heat the oil and cook the green onion and pepper. Add in the eggplant meat And cook until the eggplants are soft.
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven at 350 F.
- When eggplant is soft, add pork,rice,tomatoes with liquid ,garlic to eggplant mixture. Break up tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the juices soak into the rice. Do not overcook the rice. You do not want it to be mushy. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Place eggplant shells in ungreased shallow baking pan.Spoon pork mixture into shells and bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until the eggplant shells are soft and tender. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over each shell. 10 minutes before serving. Serve this hot or refrigerate.
- 2 cups cook pork is around 1 1/2 pounds. AHEAD OF TIME, Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a cooking pan and saute sliced pork until cook through. SET ASIDE
- OR you can cook pork with the eggplant. Just saute' it until cook through then add the eggplants as instructed above.